Thursday 1 June 2023

Hello June 2023! + A Day in My Life!

 



Hello June! 

Hello Rains! 

Hello Thunder and Cozy Days full of Reading! 

I feel alive when the monsoons come along.

I cannot wait for proper rainy days and just chilling and reading some rain appropriate books. 

I am so happy you are here June. 

Be Good. 

Be Kind. 

Be Rainy and Wonderful! 

⛈⛈⛈⛈⛈⛈⛈⛈⛈

Today looked a little like this/// 


First I was feeling all the feelings about June. June for the longest time meant new beginnings, new term of school and kicking off another year of learning and of course the advent of rains. 

So I wrote a little something. 



June 1st also marks my sister's starting work anniversary so we try to do a little something special and this afternoon we treated ourselves to some Sushi to celebrate. 



Sushi and a few dumplings. 

:) 

Yum Yum. 


I also kicked some reading. 



I am reading two books at the moment. 

The Covenant of Water by Abraham Verghese: I technically started this last month, in the last few days of May and got to about 12% odd. This is a mighty little book, it's over 700 pages so I knew I wouldn't finish it in May. I made some moe process today and I am 30% in and I am LOVING this book. 

It's a sweeping saga (gosh I love me one of those) and begins in 1900 and takes us to Kerala, Glasgow and Madras (so far). It's about a Malayali family and a Scottish doctor and a fear of water and so much more. I am so wrapped up in this world and I just don't want to put it down. It's amazing and I can see why there is so much buzz about this book. I can't wait to read more and I'll let you know what I think about it. 

When in Rome by Sarah Adams: I felt like a little romance read and picked up this book about a pop star in need for a little adventure and change and goes to small town and gets stranded there and meets a pie maker and hilarity ensues and love too. It's light and fluffy and fun so far in. 



Today has included, reading, nostalgia and sushi and talking to my parents and figuring out what to watch. 

I also plan on setting up my journal for June. 


I finally unboxed my Traveler's Notebook and I can't wait to set it up and start using it. Will share how it turns out. It's in a passport size and after three months of using an A5 sized journal, I am happy to switch something smaller. 

๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

I hope June is a good month. 

I am hoping to read, write and make the most of the rainy days. 

Happy Reading Folks. 


No comments: