Wednesday 6 May 2020

Vignettes: Here and Now.

The Here is not where I'd thought I'd be.
None of us did. 
It's not perfect. 
It's hard and getting harder still. 
But there is nothing we can do but sit tight and try to find comfort in the things we find ourselves surrounded with. 

For me here is Home. 
A home full of books, day dreams, trinkets, stationery, dry flowers and memories of happier days. 
Here is where I am.
And where I hide. 

Some glimpses of home. 


A shelf of mostly Maa's things. 
Little delicate figurines I have grown up around and spend most of my childhood scared of breaking into a million little pieces. 
:( 
The little damsel in the lilac dress I did accidentally drop and behead but thanks to the magic of glue and my sister's nifty skills she was brought back from the dead.
And I saved from a scolding of a lifetime! 


Llama Love. 
A beautiful and happy corner of home. 
This little guy always makes me smile. 
He holds some of my silver everyday rings that I take off to do the dishes. 
Llama Drama is from Chumbak. 


An old Snapple bottle repurposed as a vase. 
The delightful print is from a an old calendar dedicated solely to old times Victorian desserts. One of my sister's bosses in the US had gifted it to her knowing her love for baking and baked goods. 


Don't these sound decadent? 


Chocolate is love! 

I hope you are well, as well as one can be. 
Hang in there. 
We'll be fine..eventually. 

No comments: