Sunday 2 August 2020

Hello August 2020 + Indian Books in August is Back! + Weekend Reads.


Hello August & Hello Reading only Indian Writers all month long. 
August is one of my favourite months ever and my reading theme for the month has a lot to do with it. 
:) 

I hope August is good for you and me. 
I know things are tough and with  no end in sight, but all we can do is power through. 
I plan on getting my reading on and really keep my mind and eyes off the News and only focus on the good things for a change. 

INDIAN BOOKS IN AUGUST: For the last 7 odd years August has meant reading only Indian books to celebrate all things India in the month of her Independence. I also pick up a few books from Pakistan and Bangladesh to honour how important this month it to our entire subcontinent. 
This month I plan on perusing my bookshelves and keeping a pile of books I want to read this month. 
I will share my TBR once I have made a comprehensive list. 

To kickstart my month, I started with a favourite and from my own corner of the country, Bengal. 


The Circle of Reason by Amitav Ghosh. 
I bought this book around Christmas and I kinda saved it to read it now. 
I am a 100 pages in and I am really enjoying myself. 


This is Ghosh's debut novel and surprisingly one of his only works of fiction that I haven't read before. 
Curious. 
Very curious. 
I am glad I have finally found my way to this book. 


My beautiful bookmark. 
And a sentiment I fully agree with. 
:) 

My sister on the other hand is going down the Harry Potter rabbit hole and it is the best place to lose oneself in. 

She is on a re-reading trip. She finished the first book last night and this morning she's started the section book and is right now, lying on the couch and occasionally gleefully giggling. 


Here is Ronald Weasley looking spiffy as hell. 


These books are such a comfort. 


So here is what we are reading this weekend. 
I should be reading my book well into the next week, it is a bit of a dense read spanning over 450 pages. Sister might finish this today quickly jump to the third book. which is BTW my favourite in the series. 

Hope you guys are having a good weekend. 
Mine is mostly all booked. 
With a break here and then for blogging, writing and waiting for the rains which have been playing hide and seek pretty much all week. 
:) 


No comments: