Thursday 13 August 2020

Vignettes: The Days of August.

 Hello! 

August is neatly halfway done, seriously, what is time even?! 


So far, this month has been decent. 

Reading wise: I've read some 5 books already, which is a bloody good thing be! My Indian Books in August is going pretty well, like it normally does. Gosh, I love reading books from my corner of the world so much. I could honestly do this for a whole year aaram se, I would only miss thrillers from the rest of the world. 


Otherwise: Hmmm...it's been a bit of a mixed bag. I think 5 months into this mess that some days are harder than others. I think, I am finally getting to this place of 'how long will this go on for?', but I try to just float through this time and focus on my books instead. 


This is what August has looked like in my corner of the world. 



Pages and Pretty Bookmarks. 
This bookmark is from The Spring Pallette, you can find them on Instagram. 



More pretty bookmarks and cups of chai and plateful of biscuits to keep me company.
So grateful for the rains we've been blessed with. Not the deluge that flooded most of the city and wrecked parts of South Bombay, that was no fun. Also, my internet has been gone since those heavy rains...not cool, not cool at all. 
The bookmark in the picture is from The Ink Bucket. 


Chai. 
Delightful, masala chai. 
I liked mine with ginger and cardamon and a sprinkling of this special chai masala that I have and love. But lately, I've been keeping it simple with just fragrant cardamom pods for flavouring. Ahh! Bliss! Rains and chai are a match made in heaven. While I am bummed that this year doesn't include any drives in the rain or even walks in the rain, I am making the most of this rainy season by enjoying the little things like tea and music. 

My mug is from Chumbak. 

The glorious monsoon sunsets are a thing of joy. 

God, there is something to said about the beautiful marmalade skies that put on these magnificent shows every evening, oh well most evenings. I like nothing better than zoning out and staring at the skies and watch the birds fly back home. 

It's honestly been the little things keeping me sane in these last few months. 


Here is my current read, White Tiger by Arvind Adiga. 

I am loving this book so much.  Can't believe it's taken me this long to finally make my way to it! 

What a scathing, gritty, honest and accurate portrayal of India, flaws and all. 

I have 60 odd pages left and I am both intrigued to see what becomes of our protagonist and sad to see this book end. 

:( 

Hope you've been well, safe and reading loads. 

No comments: