Friday 7 June 2024

Friday Favourites: Books, Films and Gulmohar.

 Hello Loves! 

Hello from a hot and humid Friday evening here in Mumbai. I am for one praying and hoping for Rain. I hope this weekend we see at least a sprinkling of some monsoon showers. 

Anyhoo, here are some things I loved best this week. Of course, the Election Results are my absolute favourite thing ever. Such a wave of hope and such a dopamine hit ❤ 

Here are some lesser faves for the week: 


Clouds teasing us but not delivering on their promise. 
I love grey skies and can't wait for some seriously cozy rainy days 🌧


Things I've Watched: 

Under Paris on Netflix is a shark attack film with a dose of climate change. Different and entertaining. I love me some shark films and this was good fun. 


Summer means re-watching some of my favourite Agatha Christie adaptations. These are streaming on Sony Liv and I cannot recommend them enough. 


Reading Faves: 

Read Mayadevi's London Yatra by Bulbul Sharma this week and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was light, fluffy, comforting and a good time. A perfect summer read and a great book to pick up on a busy week. This was simple and engaging and full of very relatable characters. 


Zen by Shabnam Minwalla is my current read and one I am enjoying immensely. Split between 1936 and 2019, this is the story about two Zainabs and their lives nearly a century apart. There is revolution, protests, love, romance and coming of age all wrapped up in humour and good writing. 
I am a 100 pages in and very excited to read this over the weekend. 

Oh Gulmohar season  ❤ 

I hope this weekend is full of rest and rain and reading. 

No comments: