Tuesday 8 September 2020

General Whimsy: Flowers and A Quote I Love. (100th Post for 2020.)

 


Hello! 

This is my 100th post for this year. And like all things with 2020, this comes a lot later than usual. It's no surprise that blogging has been slow this year. One might think that given all else has come to a grinding halt, blogging and talking about books would just take off. I thought that too. In March, as the first phase of the lockdown was announced, I was all geared up for blogging more and clearing a long backlog of books I wanted to talk about. Alas! That just didn't happen. I ended up doing chores day in and day out and just not reading enough and definitely not blogging enough. 

Hell, I got to book 100 only in August, a feat I normally, without any issues accomplish in June. July tops. But mostly June. But man, it's been a task on somedays to find time to read. 

Cooking.

Cleaning.

Dishes. 

Worrying about the world. 

Sanitising every single thing...sure takes up a lot of time. 


But in the last month, I've found my reading mojo back. I have slowly found my way back to reading and hopefully this newfound spurt of productivity will leak into my blogging as well. 

*Fingers Crossed* 

Here are some beautiful flowers from back when a walk in a park was a thing we did and we did without worrying about death and disease. 

Sheesh!

What has life come to, eh? 



I miss being out in the world and taking a million pictures of flowers. 


Recently, I stumbled upon these lines, an old Arabic Proverb that has really resonated with me. I keep thinking of it and I think I agree with what it says. 

Here it is: 


"What is meant for you, will reach you even if it is beneath two mountains.

What isn't meant for you, won't reach you even if it between your two lips." 



These lines have brought me a lot of solace and peace. And it helps keep my mind still. There is no real value in fretting over things that aren't meant to yours in the first place. Or constantly spiralling into the what ifs and maybe. There is peace, in knowing that what is truly meant for you will come to to you in good time if its really, really meant for you in the first place. 

I hope you are well and safe and sane. 
:) 

All of these pictures are from my family's Tea Garden. 
I cannot wait to go back and breathe in some clean air and not worry about a damn thing. 

No comments: