Sunday 1 November 2020

Hello November 2020 + Current Read + Slow Days + TV Loves.

 


Hello November! 

Hello Winter! 

Hello Celebrations Big and Small, thanks to Diwali and my Sister's birthday. 

I am so happy November is here. 

:) 

It's on of my favourite months of the year. Though I can't quite believe we are already in November! 

This year, while trying and plain mean, does seem to be chugging along nicely. 


I started my month on a bit of a sad note. 

Today is my Thakurda's death anniversary and like every year, this month begins on a sombre note. 

Also I had this horrendous experience with an Instagram shop and have spent most of last night and today pissed, annoyed and disappointed. Seriously, as much as I love buying from small shops and supporting indie brands, this heartache of mismanaged logistics and incompetent shop owners is just too much to stomach. 

Ugh! 

But let's focus on the good and ignore people not worthy of a second of my time. 


I've been savouring Zikora by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie today. 

It's a short story that is just as brilliant as everything that Adichie writes. I am going to finish it tonight and figure out my next read. 

:) 


I've also been watching some amazing things. 


The Looming Tower: It's available on Prime and it's based on a Pulitzer Prize wining book of the same name. It's about the events leading up to 9/11 and the many internal politics of the CIA and FBI. Well-researched and brilliantly brought to live by a stellar cast of characters. We binged this in two days and I cannot recommend it enough. It's so good. Difficult to watch in parts but so good. This morning, as we were finishing up the last few episodes of the show, our help Mala Di sat down and watched along. She didn't follow the language, of course, but she was very invested in the show and its twists and turns. 


Home Before Dark: I started watching this darling little show on Apple TV last night and I am so smitten. It's about a nine year old girl, who is a reporter and is very passionate about her job. Her family moves from New York to her father's hometown and she smells a mystery and gets on it. 

I am only one episode in and I am really excited to watch the rest of it. 



Goynar Baksho: I am right this moment re-watching one of my favourite new-ish Bengali films. Goynar Baksho is an adaptation of the novella of the same name. It's been translated as The Aunt Who Wouldn't Die and it's brilliant in both versions. 

The film with subtitles is available on Hotstar. 


I hope November is good for you and me. 

I hope it's a month full of books and slow days and maybe a few safe and socially distanced outings and long drives. 

:) 

No comments: