Saturday 28 November 2020

Weekend Reads: What I am Reading and Watching this Weekend.

 Hello! 

Honestly, this year weekends and weekdays have all been pretty much the same thing. 

Yet. every time the weekend rolls around, I feel like really getting down with my reading and finding something good to binge. 

This weekend my reading life looks a something like this: 



A Killer Among Us by Ushasi Sen Basu: First up, sister and I are buddy reading this thriller book that we found via Kindle Unlimited and we are both quite engrossed in. 
I am only 14% in and I can't wait to get back to it. 

Plot Summary: What can strip away the polite veneer of an apartment complex and lay bare a world of secrets and lies?
The discovery of a stranger’s body on its premises.
Ira Dutta is an ambitious journalist who dislikes the ‘middle-class stagnation’ of Panorama Apartments. Nandana Roy is a stay-at-home mom, in the throes of an early mid-life crisis. Mrs Ghoshal is an octogenarian whose life revolves around television soaps. Just three, among many, seemingly unconnected lives―until the murdered man is found in their building lift one night. 
The facade of neighbourliness comes undone as suspicion falls on each resident in turn. Who is the stranger? Why was he killed? And who among them is the culprit?

Sounds fun doesn't it? 
Hoping it read it over the weekend. 


My cup of coffee echoing my true feelings. 

:) 



I am still reading The People in the Trees by Hanya Yanagihara and still loving it. The font in my paperback edition is so tiny that it's kinda hurting my eyes, which coupled with my cold is not the best thing in the world, so I've taken a tiny break from it till I am feeling a little bit better. 

As for what I'm watching. 

Right now I am watching Homeland with my Dad who is a big fan of the show. I had watched the first few seasons pretty diligently back in the day and then for one reason or the other, I stopped watching it. But Baba started re-watching it over during the lockdown and since we've been here, we've been watching it again. And I love how intense this show gets and how it keeps you on the edge of your seat. 


The other thing we've been watching, and judging and rolling our eyes at is the newest cringy max show

on Netflix. 


I am four episodes in and it's just too much...fun, cringe, fake,  silly and timepass. 

Watch it if you want something to roll your eyes at this weekend. 

It is very timepass and a look into how some people live their lives. 


No comments: