Monday 4 September 2023

Book Haul: Books of August 2023.

 Hello Loves! 

August was a month of more reading and very little book buying. I went nearly all month without buying a single book, because my reading for the month was more than sorted. I hate a basket full of books waiting for me and I had no real need for books. 

But then I spent an afternoon bookshop hopping and of course didn't leave empty handed. 

I bought a total of 7 books and here is a little haul. 

I went to Granth Books in Juhu and went to the iconic Prithvi Theatre and browsed at their bookshop Paperback and picked some books. 

Here they are. 



A Korean historical fiction, that I mainly picked up for my sister who immediately picked it up and read it. A review will come soon. This is set in Korean and Hawaii and is about Picture Brides, basically a kind of arranged marriage between Korean girls and Korean men that were immigrants in the US. I was drawn in by the cover and I am so glad the book is beautiful inside as well. 


This book was on my radar for a while and when I saw it in person, I decided to pick it up. This has so much buzz and I have heard nothing but good things about it, so I am very excited to pick it up. 


An Anita Desai I had never even heard of! 
So of course I picked it up. 
I read pretty much all of Anita Desai's work in a year (back in 2016-17) and it's been a while since I've read her, so this will get read soon. 


Picked this up at Prithvi and I am very excited to read and learn about this heady romance. 


Ray and Apu, what's not to love? 
Read already and loved very much. 


Some Shanta Gokhale and a book set in my city. 
This sounds so good and I am hoping I love it. 
Its about friendship and the city. 



And finally picked up something from the Booker Long List. 

This one sounds good and it's about a mum and daughter and I am hoping this one is good and a decent way to kick off some Booker Prize reading for 2023. Frankly, the list is completely alien to me, I haven't read anything from it and I haven't even looked up the books. 

But now that my month of only Indian Books is up, I could look into some Booker Books. 


BOOKS BOUGHT: 

The Zigzag Way by Anita Desai 

Maps of Our Spectacular Bodies by Maddie Mortimer 

The Picture Bride by Lee Guem-yi 

Amrita-Imroz by Uma Trilok 

Crowfall by Shanta Gokhale 

All The Little Bird-Hearts by Viktoria Lloyd-Barlow 

No comments: