Monday 11 September 2023

Monday Moods: Things to Watch This Week

 


Hello, hello,

I hope your Monday has been good. 

If you are looking for something to watch tonight or maybe something nice this week, I have Five Things to Watch. 

So let's just jump in. 

Friday Night Plan: This teen, coming-of-age and shenanigans-filled film on Netflix was such good fun. It was sweet, funny and has its heart in the right place. I liked how school life and different cliques are shown in a believable way. The popular kids aren't some monsters and relentlessly evil. It shows friendships in schools in a way that seemed so real. I had such a fun time watching this and if you need something short and fun and nostalgic watch this. 

It's streaming on Netflix. 


The After Party: This is a suspense-whodunnit-comedy. The second season recently wrapped up and if you are looking for something to binge, I highly recommend both seasons of this quirky show and the mystery is also decent. Both seasons are solid and fun and you can watch this over the week. 

This is streaming on Apple TV. 


The Changeling: Another Apple TV find, this show is based on the popular book by the same name. Three episodes are out now and it's about a couple (Emma and Apollo) in NYC who meet, fall in love and get married and have a child. But once the baby is born, the mother starts acting very strangely and saying the child is not her baby and is something else entirely. Then something horrible happens and the man, Apollo is left behind looking for answers and his wife. I binged all three episodes in one sitting and I cannot wait to watch the rest. It's spooky, mysterious and very nicely done. 

This is streaming on Apple TV. 


Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret: Oh boy! This sweet little film just hits the spot. Based on a beloved, cult classic YA book by Judy Blume, this film is a wonderful adaptation that gets everything right. There is so much heart and love and angst and warmth in this story and this film. I adored it and even if you haven't read the book, you should watch this. It's so so so cute. 

Streaming on Netflix. 


The Black Demon: I love shark films. I just do. Ever since I saw Jaws, back when I was seven years old I am always game for a shark attack film. Always. This one is about a Megalodon. And a cursed one at that. It's a shark attack + lore + curse + more. It was fun and entertaining. 

This is streaming on Lionsgate Play. 


No comments: