Thursday 2 November 2023

Hello November 2023 + Current Reads and NaNoWriMo.



 

Hello Loves! 

Can you even believe November is here? 

November always feels like it's time to wind down and rest and get ready for the slower and brighter months of the year. We prepare for Diwali and get our homes in order and then celebrate the festival of lights. 

I am always happy when November rolls around. It's always a month for joy and love. It's my sister's birthday and we try to do little things we enjoy all month long. 

Eat good food. 

Go to her favourite places. 

Watch her favourite films. 

Read some good books. 

I am so happy November is here again. 

This November I am participating in NaNoWriMo. Which is a month long writing challenge, the goal is to write a novel in a month. Now it could be something you are already working on or it could be an entirely new thing. I do have some half-written projects that I could work on but I am choosing to focus something new and flesh out and work on an idea that I've had since 2021. So I figured it's high time I got to work and wrote a book I've been marinating for over two years! 

So hopefully, by the end of November I'll have a little novel...or most of it done and ready to sent out in the world. 




Fingers crossed. 

Wish me luck. 



I hope November is wonderful, kind and gentle and lovely. 

:) 

Since I am hoping to write a ton, I think reading will take a little bit of a backseat. 

For the time time in ever, I have not one but three whole roll over books from October. 

Here they are, my current reads of the moment. 


The Collected Short Stories of Satyajit Ray: This was my Pujo read. And I am still reading this, most of these stories I've already read, so this a re-read for most part and I am more than happy to make my way through them in a slow and steady way. 


Roman Stories by Jhumpa Lahiri, we've been blessed with a new Lahiri book. I started reading it the moment it arrived and I am nearly almost done. 
This one...is good. It's not my favourite Lahiri by a mile. It's still nice just not great. Not nearly as amazing as her books usually are. 
And this breaks my heart. This was easily my most anticipated read of the year and it's just not singing. 


Started reading this on Halloween and this is delicious and fun and I cannot wait to continue this as the nights get colder. 

☺☺☺☺☺

My plan for November is simple: 

Write. 

Keep impostor syndrome at bay. 

Stay inspired and focused. 

Write. Write. Write. 

Edit. 

Research. 

Write. 

Read a little. 

Do happy things for my sister's birthday. 

Get the home ready for Diwali. 

Write. 

😀😀😀


I hope you have a lovely November too. 


No comments: