Thursday 5 December 2013

E-Book Haul! Part I.

While I often post my 'real' aka paper and ink book hauls on this blog. For some reason, I don't haul the eBooks I get. I have had an iPad for over a year and have used it for reading books from the very beginning. And I love reading on my iPad. Really love it. Only if the battery life wasn't completely shit! Last month, around Diwali, the sister and I a Kindle to aid and abet further eBook reading. Since then we've also bought books for the Kindle. So I thought why not share some of the eBooks we've recently bought.

Here are some of the newest eBooks we've acquired, some for the iPad and some for the Kindle.


I've wanted this book for a long, long time. It seems to be a light read about a teenager girl called Amy, who has recently lost her father and has to move cross-country to start her life anew. To move from one end of the country to another, she agrees to travel by road with a guy she barely knows, Roger. Together they embark on a great adventure (I think). I am excited to read this book. I've read the first 30 pages and it's well-written and fun. 


I love Bridget Jones! The first book was excellent and if you have lived under a rock your whole life and haven't read it, you really should change that! Go read it now! It's funny. Crazy funny. With an assortment of mad cap characters. The second book, The Edge of Reason, was good too. I've read it only once and barely remember it. I could possible re-read it. When the third one came out..the sister got excited and stated reading it at once. I am not terrible excited because...well...Bridget is single once again and Mark Darcy is dead! Wahhhhhhhhhhhh! I just can't! I don't know if I'll ever be able to get past this and read it but Helen Fielding's writing is amazing and I just might read it. 


Hmm..I don't know much about this book but I've heard great things and a friend is currently reading it and loves it. This book is very acclaimed and is a best-seller. 


This is a vampire book. But a slightly different one. In this world people know all about vampires, they are out in the open. Only vampires are put into walled cities- called cold towns- and are only permitted to live there. People can go into these cities if they want but they can't come out...well obviously. Our protagonist wakes up one morning after a wild party and finds that she is in one of these cold towns. 

I haven't read a vampire book is soooooooo long and I am actually sorta looking forward to this. 


Pride and Prejudice is my favourite book of all time. Ever! This book is set in the home of Elizabeth and Mr/ Darcy and told from the perspective of their servants. Well...how could I not want to read it!???!! This book also made it to The New York Times best books of the year 2013. I am well and truly intrigued! 


Another book from the NYT best books. I have heard of this book before and I am curious to read it. It's a love story with other elements. And Marais's writing is supposed to be lovely. 

These are some of the books I've added to my eBook library. 

What have you been reading? 

No comments: