Thursday 12 March 2020

A Day in My Life: March Mellow-ness. ( Coffee + Fluffy Slippers + Mini Book Review + Journal + Spring. )

Hello! 

Today was a perfectly ordinary day. 
A day that will probably blend into a million others just like it. 
I will probably not even remember 10 or 20 years from now. 
But..
Today was ordinary and happy and quiet in a million little ways. 
There was early morning light. 
Reading a good book. 
Finishing said good book. 
2 cups of coffee.
Nachos. 
Homemade jam. 
New pillows! (I can't wait to sleep tonight.) 
Lebu cha. 
&
A dinner cooked over laughs and smiles. 
We've made Chicken Stroganoff and Basil Rice and an Omelette with onion, tomatoes and mushrooms. 
A little feast. 
I am writing this post as the meal waits for us. 

A slow, sweet and happy day. 
The kind of day that I wish for on most days. 
The BIG days, the monumental ones are good. Of course they are. 
But there is something entirely magical about the little joys of a day well spent. 

Here are some pictures... 


Wore my fluffy slippers for the first time today. I bough this back in November back in the hometown  but didn't wear it there.
Finally wore it today.
They are so soft and comfy.
They are from Big Bazaar.


Cute and comfy.


A journal.


Spring outside my bedroom window.
This tree is covered in new leaves and little pink flowers have started to bloom.
Ah!
Happiness!


A cup of afternoon coffee.
Mug from The Yellow Curtain.


Coffee in hand is a recipe for joy.


The book I finished today.
The Shape of Family by Shilpi Somaya Gowda: A tale of a family, the Olanders grappling with a loss and how this tragedy changes all of them. I went in pretty blind into this book and it took me up surprise by where it was headed. Sometimes it's just nice to go into books not knowing what to expect. This one started as one thing but turned into something even better...I don't want to spoilt it too much. But if like me, you enjoy cults, as in reading about the watching documentaries about cults and you've often wondered, who falls for this shit? Who joins these cults? Well...this book does a fantastic job of answering those questions in part.
I loved it.
4/5
Totally recommend.
I've read the writer's earlier book as well, The Golden Son and liked it too but this was way better.

My sister is currently reading Good Talk by Mira Jacob and is enjoying it.
I read it last week and I liked it as well.

So that was my day.
Now it's time for dinner and maybe a show or two.


No comments: