Friday 13 March 2020

Friday Favourites: Favourite Women Writers.


Hello! 

For today's edition of Friday Favourites I want to share all of my most loved Women Writers. 
I've been reading only Female Writers all of this month for #femmemarch and honestly I could do it all year round. Not to say that stories that come from men are not worthy, of course not. But there is something about women telling stories, especially character driven and stories about our lives that just shine so much more. 

OK, so here are my favourite Women Writers. 

1. Agatha Christie. All hail the Queen of Crime. 

2. Jane Austen. My first love. 

3. JK Rowling. I will forever be grateful for the magic of Harry Potter and in awe of her genius. 

4. Jhumpa Lahiri. Her words just warm my very soul. 

5. Enid Blyton. The beginning of my reading journey starts with her. 

6. Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni. Her books are familiar and make me homesick for Bengal. 

7. Shashi Deshpande. Melancholic and moving and quietly brilliant. 

8. Sudha Murty. Simple, easy and soothing. 

9. Tess Gerritsen. Gripping thrillers, well-written and pacy. 

10. Aruna Chakravarti. Brilliant stories and a dose of our history. 

11. Chimamanda Negozi Adichie. I've read everything she's written and will ever write. 

12. Anita Desai. I found her pretty late in life but I've read almost everything she's read and she's brilliant. 

13. Ismat Chughtai. I was blown away by her short stories when I first read her when I was 13 years old and she continues to blow my mind. 

14. Kate Morton. Historical fiction done so well. 

15. Lucinda Riley. Her books take you on the most beautiful journeys through time. 

16. Thrity Umrigar. Relationships, families and some unique bonds. 

17. CJ Tudor. Creepy and spooky books. 

18. Jojo Moyes. Lovely stories of modern love. 

19. Ruta Sepetys. Fantastic YA historical fiction. 

20. Isabel Allende. Magical realism, families, women, love. 

No comments: