Tuesday 31 March 2020

Monthly Favourites: March 2020.

Hello! 

This is an odd month to be doing monthly favourites in. I mean, I considered skipping this month altogether but figure even in this not-so-perfect time, there were things and moments that lifted the gloom from my heart. 
So here are things that I loved this month. 



1. Chai: I am a more dedicated Coffee drinker. But this month I've been drinking and finding a lot of comfort in a well brewed cup of tea. I like mine with ginger and cardamon and with a biscuit to dunk in it. I think it takes me back to my childhood and the comfort of having a little treat now and again. 



2. Simple Home Cooked Meals: This quarantine has resulted in a lot of cooking. A lot of simple meals put together and that have resulted in some deliciousness. 
In the picture is a roasted pepper and chicken pasta with a cream sauce. This took under half an hour to put together. 


3. Kama Ayurveda Rose Jasmine Face Cleanser: My skin has been a hot mess since January, most of it is due to hormonal reason and dust and pollution. I've been going crazy trying to make my skin behave itself. I bought this face cleanser back in February and have used it ever since. It's pretty mild and cleans my face gently but effectively. My skin is doing so much better lately and this might have a little something to do with it. This is the cleanser I use first thing in the morning once I wake up to thoroughly clean my face. And it also smells amazing. I have used their shampoo of the same kind and really love that too. 


4. Parachute Body Gel Coconut Water and Aloe Vera: I came across this while ordering my groceries online (before the lockdown obviously) and I was in the marker for a light body lotion and this felt like it would be perfect for the hot days of summer. And you guys this is so good. Super light, sweet smelling it does a good job of keeping your skin hydrated. I love that is soaks up in your skin really soon and leaves it fragrant (mildly) and moisturised. 


5. Colouring: My old love has made a huge comeback in my life. 
This is the one thing that has made me so happy all month long. Just before the lockdown, I made the smart decision to order 2 new colouring books and they have been saving my life. 
I have spent hours with my art supplies, just zoning out and colouring and finding peace and serenity. 


Some blank pages waiting to be filled up. 



6. This beautiful Wreath pendant from Quirksmith has been my constant companion ever since we bought it earlier this month. It is simple and light-weight to be an everyday piece of jewellery. 


Apart from all of this, I've read some wonderful books as a part of #FemmeMarch. You can check out my Instagram (right hand side panel) for short reviews of everything I have read this month. 

I also had a great book buying month! I had ordered several books from Zubaan and they arrived just before the Lockdown and I plan to get to reading them very soon. 

I found a lot of comfort in journaling. 







We've been enjoying some beautiful Spring sunsets this month as well. 

We've watched two Bengali movies this month and quite liked both of them- Satyanweshi Byomkesh and Dwitiyo Purush. Both are on Hoichoi, if you're interested. 

Hope April is better than March! 

Take care and stay home and stay safe, everyone! 

No comments: