Tuesday 3 March 2020

My Current Favourite Ink Pens.


Hello!

Let's call this a..What's in my Pen Bag?
Answer: Ink Pens. 
This slim little pencil case of mine holds all of my ink pens that I am currently using. Lately, given my propensity to suffer from carpal tunnel and its shooting pains, ink pens are proving to be a Godsend. They are much kinder to my hands and writing with them is way easier on my achy hands and fingers than gel or any other kind of pen. 
So, I find myself reaching for my ink pens way more than any other kind. 
Thankfully, I have a little bit of an ink pen collection and a plethora of inks to choose from, thanks to my sister's longstanding love for all things inks and ink pens. 


These are my most loved and most favoured pens of the moment. 
2 of these are new and the others are old faves. 


From L to R: 

1. Kaweco Peach and Grey Ink pen: I've had this for 2 years and I use it with a cartridge, currently of a deep plum colour. Smooth. Small. Portable. This one has a medium nib, just like I prefer. 

2. Camlin Ink Pen: A blast from the past. This pen reminds me so much of the Hero pens that existed when we were kids. Those were some of the first ink pens I ever used and I remember seeing so many of them in my sister's pencil bag. We got this from Amazon last year, mainly out of nostalgia. It was super cheap. I think 2 pens for only 150 bucks or even less and its of decent quality. Had a fine nib but I manage just fine (unintended pun!) with it. 

3. 4. & 5. Platinum Preppy Ink Pens: I LOVE these pens. The purple and green ones are new additions to my life and I am enjoying them so much. Both of these are a 0.3 nib and the red one, which is older is 0.5. These are available on Amazon and are extremely affordable and great value for money and a great place to start if you've been meaning to start using ink pens. Plus they are available in so many colours. 
Highly recommend. 

6. & 7. Lamy Ink Pens: A forever favourite. When I first got back to ink pens I re-started with Lamy. I bought my first Lamy pen back in 2010 and I haven't looked back since. They are smooth as can be, light, well-made and a delight to write with. I have mostly Medium nibs but I've also had Fine nibs in the past and those are good too. I usually get my Lamy pens from William Penn but also online and sometimes even from stationery shops abroad in case I want a specific colour, especially new launches, like my pale pink one I got from a Malaysian stationery shop. 



A new, pretty addition. 
:) 



8. & 9. Jinhao Wooden Pens: Our newest ink pens. We found these while browsing Amazon and fell in love with the wooden body of these pens. 
The one on the left, the taller on is my sister's and has a fine nib, The other, mine is a medium nib which is smooth and perfect. We've filled a brown ink in both of these. 


My pencil case is from Lyra and Co. 
Most of these pens can be found on Amazon, its a great place to find an ink pen as per your liking and budget. 


No comments: