Thursday 11 May 2023

General Whimsy: DIY Room Decor- Spruce up a Boring Steel Cupboard.

 Hello Loves! 

If you live in a typical Indian home, you probably have a steel cupboard or two and usually those guys, while super useful are quite an eyesore. And they are so large and bulky. I have three steel cupboards in my bedroom. I am super grateful to them for holding all my clothes safe but I do like to dress them up a bit. I wish I could paint mine but that seems like a big job and not to mention I am very allergic to the smell of paint. The last time we got things painted at home, I nearly died. 

Not even joking. 

So I find other ways to jazz up my cupboards. 

I use a ton of cute magnets and stickers and postcards and cards but I was getting so bored of the art I had on for a while that I was in desperate need for some change. 

So a few days ago, I pulled out some of my little postcards and bookmarks and even a thank you note or two and did up one of my cupboards. 

Let's see what my new jazzed up cupboard looks like. 



Look, how cute! 
I am so in love with the colours and art and words. I have been waking up and looking at this corner of the room first and it makes me so happy. 

The art on this panel is from: 
Diary of a Flower Girl 
Paperfinity 
Chica Being Me 
The brooch is from Charulata.
Comicaanaa. 

(you can find all these stores on IG)


This panel might be my favourite! 
This has two thank you notes, I cut up and repurposed as postcards. 

The art is from: 
Paperfinity. 
Norii Art 
Page Break 
Doodle O Drama 
Comicaanaa 



There's a lot of bookish stuff, because duh your girl likes to read. 
:) 
I used Washi Tape to put these up but I think I'll have to go back and use Scotch Tape to put them on more firmly, because some have fallen off in the middle of the night. 


There is an empty spot on this side which I need to pull out/find art for. 


I also ordered some art for my bedroom walls today. It's in desperate need for some major, major rejig. I've had the same art on the walls since 2016! Time for a change. I'll share what my room looks like with the new art comes in. 


This is what my room looks like right now. 
I can't wait to add new colour and art to these walls. 
:) 
Stay tuned for the room rejig. 
:) 




No comments: