Monday 29 May 2023

Book Haul: Books of May 2023.

 Hello Loves! 

I've been so bad at documenting my book buying this year and by the grace of God I've been buying so many books! 

Well, let's not let the Books of May languish anymore. 

These are the books I bought in May 2023 and I've even read a few from this bunch. 

So let's just jump in. 



What a pretty little stack! 



I am slowly but surely trying to collect all the books in the Greatest Stories Ever Told series from Aleph, this month I bought two books. 
The first from Goa, which I am really looking forward to and it's something I am hoping to read through next  month. I read the Greatest Marathi Stories this month. So Maharashtra in May and then
June in Goa. Sounds good to me. 


Picked up this beautiful graphic novel about a young sportswoman from Kashmir and I read it and loved and reviewed it. 
:) 
You can find it here


I have read and really enjoyed the author's work before and this novel, set in Assam and about a late in life love affair, between two people from different religions and the old but golden (not at all) adage that runs our lives here in India- What will People Say? 
I am really excited to this and am definitely\ going to pick it up next month. It sounds like just the thing I'll enjoy. 


I love me some ghost stories and reading about real life haunted situations. 
This one, set in real locations across Delhi should be a good time and it won't spook me out too much since I have no immediate plans of going to Delhi.
 :D 
I am saving this to read on a rainy, rainy day in June. Ufff rains and some bhoots sounds perfect. 


More ghostly situations, this one is more Haunted Places but from all over India. 
I've read this and sadly didn't really love it as much as I had hoped I would. 
This just didn't work for me. 
The writing was so lack luster and just off in so many places. 
Not good, would not recommend. 


And I picked up some Telegu stories too. 

This I'll pick in a month or two. 

And I am hoping to buy a few more of these books and add to my collection. 



Finally I picked up Soft Animal which is novel set in the first wave of the lock down and pandemic. I've read this one too and I will be reviewing it soon. So stay tuned for that. 

And I also treated myself to some ebooks and three new Tinkle Origins(Volumes 4, 5 and 6). I previously bought the first three volumes back in 2018 or 2019 and I love Tinkle so damn much and I love taking little dips into. 





BOOKS BOUGHT: 

The Greatest Goan Stories Ever Told Edited by Manohar Shetty 

The Greatest Telegu Stories Ever Told Edited by Dasu Krishnamoorthy and Tamraparni Dasu 

Haunted Places of India by Riksundar Banerjee 

The Haunting of Delhi City by Jatin Bhasin and Suparna Chawla Basin 

What Will People Say? by Mitra Phukan 

Terminal 3 by Debasmita Dasgupta 

Soft Animal by Meenakshi Reddy Madhavan 


A happy little haul and the promises of so many good books in my future. 

Happy Reading Guys! 

No comments: