Saturday 17 October 2020

Weekend Reads: What I'm Reading and Watching This Weekend.

 


Hello! 

How is this weekend treating you? 

My reading for this weekend is all wrapped up in this collection of short stories. 

Best Indian Short Stories Volume-I Selected by Khushwant Singh: I have had this book for over a year now and I got it along with me to read while I am in the hometown. 

I started reading it a couple of days ago and I've been dipping in and out of these stories written by a host of writers. Many of whom, I've never read before, so this has been a treat. It also features some of favourites too. 

Here is a list of the writers in the collection. 



I am a few stories down and I'm having a really having a good time with this book. 


Apart from reading this has, so far been a slow and lazy.

I've honestly, spend most of today sleeping, I didn't get to bed till after 4:00 AM and didn't get out of bed till after 1:00 PM. 

Oh well! 

Since then I watched a web-series on Sony Liv called Avrodh, based on the Uri attack and the resulting surgical strike. 


The show was decent enough and fast paced too. They did go on a tangent about Media and News Channels going rogue and chasing stories at the cost of putting at risk the lives of our Army men. This while important was a dragged out for way too long. 

Overall, this was a decent watch and one I think you might enjoy. 

I also made a tamarind chutney for Baba who is a chatori and completely obsessed with this sweet and spicy tamarind and dates chutney. 

The plan for the rest of the my day to is share another Scary Story on my IG, something I've been doing for close to a month now and thoroughly enjoying. Then cook some dinner for the rents and maybe watch a movie. 

Hope your weekend is lovely too. 

:) 

No comments: