Saturday 24 October 2020

Pujo Diaries: Subho Ashtami. Coffee, Quiet Small-town Afternoons, Flowers and What I am Reading.

Hello! 

Subho Ashtami! 

Today is supposed to be the biggest day of the festival. The day we reserve our best outfits for. The day we eat the best food. Offer Anjoli to the Goddess. It's basically the highpoint of the festival. 

Of course, this was before. 

Today was dramatically different.

For one, I have stayed home.

Didn't dress up. 

But...I ate yum Ma made food. 

The weather has been a thing of beauty. 

I am home with my family and that is celebration enough. 

:) 


My local Pujo Pandal from two years ago. 


Quiet afternoons in my small town by a pond. 




Little balcony gardens. 
I love that my parent's home has a terrace and its full of plants and a perfect spot to see the world go by. This whole isolation situation is made infinitely better by having a terrace and a small window to the rest of the world. 


Evening coffee to sip while watching Pujo pandals on the News and some very strange Bengali TV shows. 


As for what I am reading this Pujo, it's this true crime book about real life cases from Calcutta. 

I am a couple of stories in and really enjoying it. 


No comments: