Monday 5 October 2020

Hello October 2020 + Life Lately + Current Read.

 


Hello October! 


Hello Festivity! 

Hello Celebrations! 


(Albeit all things low key this year, I am still excited for Durga Pujo and all that the joy that comes with it.) 


Hello Spooky-ness! 

Hello Halloween! 

I am so excited to spend all of this month reading Spooky Books and watching Horror Films. 

I am so happy you are here October! 

~~~ 


If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I have made my way across the country to come visit my parents.

The flight was long and hard to stomach. 

Flying during Covid is not easy and not fun. I would not recommend it unless it is absolutely necessary. It's hard to breathe under a mask and a face shield and the worry and anxiety is next level. 

Uff! 

But it's done and I am happy to be here with my parents for the festive season. 



Sacked! Folktales You Can CarryAround by Deepa Agarwal: My current read is a simple and sweet collection of Folktales from India and I am only two stories in and I am enjoying these stories very much indeed. I've been in the mood for some stories from the past, perhaps it's a side effect of being in the family home and surrounded by stories old and new. 

My reading always slows down this time of the year. I get here and life just takes over. I've been here 3 days and all I have done is slow down, eat yum home cooked meals, spend time with my parents and watching a ton TV shows and films. Reading has been super slow since the beginning of the month and I am OK with it. It is what it is. 


I have carried only 7 physical books with my this time around. I normally bring along at leat 10 books. I do have my trusty Kindle full of books and I am guessing my reading will mostly be on my Kindle. 

I do miss my books something fierce and how I wish I could carry all my books with me but well...they'll be waiting for me and we'll be reunited soon enough. 


I spent most of today with my planners and journals and stationery bits. 

Watching a web series and some torturous Bengali TV shows! 

But it's been rainy and grey and lovely. 


I hope you are safe, sound and sane. 

And I hope October treats you well. 

:) 

No comments: