Friday 29 April 2022

Monthly Favourites: April 2022.

 Hello Loves! 

The last Friday of the month means it's time to list my Monthly Favourites for the month. 

I'll be honest, April has been horrendous to me. I am not even joking or exaggerating. April has historically also never been very good to be. It was the month of school results when I was a kid. It was the start of summer, my least favourite time of the year and it was exactly a year ago when I caught Covid and I am still, to this damn day dealing with it's aftermath. 

April is not my favourite. 

Still, I was excited to jump into this month. Excited to read some good books~ mostly all Bengali and watch a ton of films and make the most of this month. Celebrate Bengali New Year and do small things of joy. 

Well, not everything went to plan. 

My skin fell apart. Pretty much all of this month has involved acne all over my chin and cheeks. Painful and infuriating. 

Then I had some gum issues. 

And I have had another flare up of carpal tunnel. 

UGH!! 

So pain and heat and sadness. 

Not good. 


But wait, before you run off, I did have some good moments and some I do have some silver linings and some favourites to share with you. 

So let's just stop with the whining and jump into my FAVOURITE THINGS of APRIL. 



1. Flower Bonanza- Floral Sleeve and Bookmark: I recently got some very floral, happy mail from Sangrah Shop. I got some booksleeves and some bookmarks and some pouches. And I am so in love with the floral-ness. The booksleeve pictured here will not hold my Planner and I am so happy to move my planner into a new sleeve. I will do a full haul of all the things in this package. 


2. Blockprint Beauties from Craft's Bite: More happy mail, from yet another new-to-me small business. I came across Crafts Bite randomly and was very impressed by their block-prints and the many pouches and slings and things they had. I got a few pouches and a tiny sling bag and a pen slip. Again, I have a haul and review coming soon. 


3. Reading & Reading Tote: First let's talk Reading in April. 

I read I think around 16 odd books this month. I read a lot of Bengali authors and Bengali books and I dipped into other genres and writers as well. I didn't want to force myself to read a theme if my heart wanted taste of something else. So I read what I needed to read. 

I read some good books and some great books, my Reading Wrap-Up will come tomorrow. 

:) 

Now for my Reading Tote. I set-up a little reading tote for myself. A tote where my current reads, my Kindle and my little notebook to write some reading thoughts. Not my Book Journal, though I am thinking I might move it there..but for now my tiny scrap book for Reading Thoughts on the go lives in this bag and a pencil case and some pens and highlighters and pencils. All things I need to read. I love the idea of a Reading Tote. It's great to have one if I need to grab it and go read on the terrace. Or just go from room to room. The tote in the frame is new to me and from Artisan Arbor. It's a good size for all the things I need to hold. 


4. The Journalling Sisters: I don't think I've mentioned it on the blog before, but we, my sister and I, have finally set up a separate page for allll our Planner, Stationery and Journalling Nerding. We wanted to do this for a while now and this month, on the 15th, on Bengali New Year we went ahead and started a new page and have been doing a post a day on it. Go give it a follow if you like all things stationery and planner related. 

You can find The Journalling Sisters HERE. 


5. Pens: I got so many new pens this month and it has been a highlight of these sad days. I mostly got pens from Scooboo and I even did a haul of these, so I won't bore you too much with my raving. I love pens and can never have enough. 

:) 


6. Totes: Got a batch of gorgeous tote bags from a place that's become my favourite place to get tote bags- Stem Daisy Embroidery. They make some seriously beautiful designs and I am so happy with everything we've gotten from them, six bags at this point. I can't recommend them enough. 

:) 


7. Planner Tote: I have always used a planner tote or a planner bag to house all my planners and journals of the year. I recently moved into this yellow daisy tote and it's perfect for all that I need to hold. It's from Soul Slings and it's study and roomy and lovely. And yellow is just perfect for summer. Soul Slings makes baby carriers but they also make totes and make very good totes. I got the Daisy one and my sister got the Palash one which comes in this beautiful orange colour. 


8. Cold Coffee and New Mugs: April was full blown dissent into cold coffee season. And smoothies for breakfast. I also got some new mugs and if you know me at all you know..you know how much I adore mugs. I miss my mugs back in Bombay so damn much! And I have had to control my mug buying urges super hard. But we got a few as New Year treat this month. They are from Weaving Homes and I really like them. 


9. Alone and Quiet Time: I found little slivers of time just for me. To sit and read and drink my coffee and be still and quiet. I love moments just by myself. I need to be alone to recharge and in the last 18 months, time alone has been hard to come by. 

10. Films: At the beginning of the month I tried to do this little personal project, I planned on watching a Film a Day. 30 days and 30 films. 

Well. That didn't quite work out. I watched around 15 films this month but didn't make it to 30. I blame webseries! 

:( 

But from the ones I watched, I love Kaun Pravin Tambe? (It's streaming on HotStar) and I cannot recommend it enough. It's lovely and heartwarming and hopeful and so incredibly inspiring. Please watch it, you'll love it. 

Maybe I'll try to do a Film A Day in May. 

If that works out, I'll let you know. 

Another absolute favourite thing I watched and read this month HeartStopper. It's so sweet and heartfelt and wonderful! 

So good! I watched the show and then I read the books in one fell sweep. 

So good! 


~~~~


My other favourites this month were: 

Some rains. 

Watermelons. 

Kachi kaeri. 

Reading some horror. 

True Crime Documentaries. 

Very sensible but exciting book buying. 

Winning a book in a giveaway. 

:) 

Loads of little joys that I am very, very grateful for. 

I hope April was kind to you. 

:) 




No comments: