Thursday 21 April 2022

Vignettes: Summer Days.

 







The Golden Days of Summer. 

I am not Summer's biggest fan. Not by a mile. 

I thrive in winter. Smile when it rains. 

Summer is not my friend. 

It's when I hide. 

Sleep during the day. 

Venture out during the evening. 

I hide and plan for the rains. 

Look at the sky hoping to spot an errant cloud or two. 

I don't like summer. 

This year I am trying to befriend this inescapable part of life. 

Trying to make  the most of these intensely warm days, the sunshine that stabs at your very skin and the heat that embraces you. 

I am trying to find the beauty in the flowers that spring out of corners. 

Look forward to the mangoes. 

And find the usual delight in everything iced and cold. 

I am going to be friends with you summer. 

I will make peace with you. 

:) 


Some pictures, or a #photodump of summer mornings. 

No comments: