Tuesday 3 January 2023

Book Haul: A Haul of Favourites.

 Hello Loves! 

Time for a book haul. 

I got these books in the last few days of December and these were bought with the express purpose of reading in the New Year. So this is a little bit of preparatory haul. 

But mostly this is a haul of favourites. 

Big and Lifelong Favourite- Ray. 

Comfort Favourite- Sudha Murty. 

Someone I've read before and loved- Tabish Khair. 

This was such a happy haul. 

And I've already read two books out of these five. 

So good tidings all around. 






A beautiful little book. 
I love these Puffin Chapter Books. Short, sweet, joyful and full of gorgeous art. 
This was no different. 


The Beauty of the Earth, a beautiful story of being generous and open to sharing. 
Sweet and this was my first read of 2023. 

And this book came signed. 
A very lucky surprise. 
I got these books from Amazon and was so surprised when I opened them up and saw they were signed and had a personal message. 
This made me so happy. 






Got the third and final book in the The Gopi Diaries, I adore these books and seeing Gopi get up to all kinds of antics. 
These books are warm and fuzzy and lovely and I can't wait to curl up with this book. 
It's too cute for words. 
I am hoping to read this tonight. 
Me, Gopi and a cup of tea. 
:) 
Good times. 



I have read two books by Tabish Khair. 
Jihadi Jane. 
 Night of Happiness. 

 I loved both these books immensely and when I saw that he had a new book out, I had to get it and I am hoping this is just as wonderful. 
Love how beautiful this cover is. 

And of course, there is this. 

Ray is a forever favourite. 

And I love having adding more books from the Penguin Ray Library to my shelves. 

I can't wait to jump into this book and re-read some old, very loved stories of Ray. 

A guaranteed good time. 


Here's the list of stories. 

A thing of joy. 

:) 


BOOKS BOUGHT: 

1. How The Mango Got Its Magic by Sudha Murty 

2. How the Earth Got Its Beauty by "

3. The Gopi Diaries Growing Up by " 

4. The Body by the Shore by Tabish Khair 

5. The Collected Short Stories by Satyajit Ray 


~~~ 
So much happy reading in my future. 



No comments: