Tuesday 31 January 2023

Monthly Favourites: January 2023.

 


Hello Loves! 

So January is nearly over. 

I love how January always manages to feel too long and too short all at once. 

I had a good month this time around. 

I did drive myself a little crazy in the beginning in the quest to do too many things and have the best possible month I could humanly have, had bouts of anxiety (after ages) and thankfully remembered ways to handle it. 

I read. 

I bought books. 

Watched a ton of films and TV shows. 

I journaled. 

I went to my favourite book shop. 

I walked around my favourite parts of town. 

We had some actually cold winter days which was amazing. 

I felt warm and cozy and so grateful. 

Here are my absolute favourite things about January 2023: 



JANUARY FAVOURITES: 

1. New Planners and Journals~~~ Setting up my new planners and journals in the New Year is always a thing of joy. I love doing a little reset in life and so excited to start fresh new journals and set goals and make a ton of lists. 

My planner stack will be shared soon. 


Planners and Planner Tote. 

2. Reading~~~ I had an incredible reading month. I read 20 books in total. Re-read Pride and Prejudice and loved it and saw so many things a little differently this time. I read a few graphic novels. Read some Kid Lit and I even read a memoir. I will talk more about my reading in my Reading Wrap-Up (post coming tomorrow). 




3. Winter~~~ Oh the joy of wearing a sweatshirt, turning off the fan and just feeling all warm and fuzzy. So grateful when my island city gets to experience some winter days and nights. 

Cozy nights this month. 



4. Home Decor~~~ This month we changed up our curtains, cushion covers and even put up some new art on our walls. The home feels fresh and clean and all New Year and New Home vibes. 

Hand of Hamsa curtains from Rihaa Stores on IG. 

5. Saraswati Pujo~~~ January also had Saraswati Pujo and Basant Panchami and festivals always make me happy. 


6. Moon Light~~~ A little random purchase but it makes me so happy. I have been loving reading by this light and even journaling. I found it on Amazon and it wasn't super expensive. 


7. Book Shop Hops~~~ Went to my favourite bookshop- Kitab Khana- after 3.5 years and it was so good to be back. So good. I bought some books and even picked up two more books from Bargain Book Hut. It's always wonderful going to a brick and mortar bookshop. I want to do more of this in 2023. 

8. Kodak Photo Printer~~~ After years of wanting something similar, this month we got ourselves a Kodak Mini Photo Printer and I am so in love. It prints amazing pictures and I can't wait to use these pictures in my journaling spreads and show them to you. 

9. Films and TV Show~~~ I watched some 45 things this month. 

Films- old and new. 

Lots of returning TV shows, Death in Paradise, 911 Lone Star and How I Met Your Father. 

New shows and comfort old films. 

I found a lot of joy in just binging content this month.  

10. Food~~~ The Food Gods blessed me this month. I cooked some yums. Ate out. Drank new coffee- Third Wave Roasters are my new faves. Also loved some cheesecake and pancakes and almond croissants. Uff. More please all through 2023. 

Strawberry and Nutella Cheesecake from Bombae Bake. 

I am so glad this month was a good month, a good way to start my month. 

I had so many things and moments and feelings I loved this month:

Eating good food. 

Reading in bed. 

Going to town. 

Walking around Kala Ghoda. 

My parent's wedding anniversary. 

Setting up my new Raskog. 

Colouring. 

Music before I drift off to sleep. 

Fluffy slippers. 

January you were good. 

Thank-you. 

:) 

No comments: