Thursday 5 January 2023

Book Review: The Gopi Diaries- Growing Up by Sudha Murty.

 

Book: THe Gopi Diaries ~ Growing Up 

Author: Sudha Murty 

Art: Sandhya Prabhat 

Publishers: Harper Collins India 

Pages: 176 

How Long It Took Me To Read: 2 days 

Plot Summary: Third book in the Gopi Diaries series!

The little pup of Coming Home and the stronger, bigger, more mischievous Gopi of Finding Love grows up in the third book and has new adventures, new interests, a new dog-person in his life-the charming Nova-and brings a new family into the world. He's also wiser - 'I learnt a great lesson, which I want to teach my children. Loyalty to our humans brings happiness and peace into our lives.'

This third book brings to a close the endearing and heartwarming Gopi Diaries series-a series that has generated innumerable fans across ages.

Written in Sudha Murty's inimitable style, these simple stories told from a dog's perspective show us just why pets are so precious - for their love, devotion and boundless affection.

Review: I started my year with a little bit of Sudha Murty spree. A pretty good way to kick off a year and to start it on a note of comfort and warmth and good tidings. 

The Gopi Diaries is such a warm and fuzzy series full of heart and good vibes and I promise you these books will make you smile and it's perfect for kids (obviously) but also work wonders for adults. I read the first two books and absolutely loved them. So when the third book came out I knew I had to get my hands on it ASAP. 

This book is the final installment of this series (which makes me a little sad because I could with more Gopi in my life) and it's a perfect end to a lovely series. 

Gopi is now all grown-up, he is still occasionally mischievous but he see him grow up and get a little mature here. Gopi makes new friends, learns how to swim and he fall in love. 

This book had me smiling from start to finish and was such an absolute joy and treat. 

I cannot recommend it enough. 

Oh and the art was just stunning as always. 

Here are some of my favourite pages... 







So so so pretty. 

I loved the time I spent reading this beautiful book. 

And I highly recommend it. 

Rating: 5/5 

No comments: