Wednesday 28 February 2024

Monthly Favourites: February 2024. (Journals, Books, iPad, Birthday and Colouring Books).

 Hello Loves! 

February is almost over. 

We get a whole extra day this year and it always makes me happy, having one extra day in my birthday month. 

To honest though, for the first time in forever this February wasn't my favourite. 

I had a pretty crummy month and was sad and out of it for most days. I was honestly waiting for this month to end and I am happy to see it go. 

My birthday month was a bit of a flop. 

:( 

Well, but that's life. 

Some months are good and others suck, it was just sad that my birthday month was one that I didn't enjoy. 

Still, there were some things I loved and so here are some favourites from a less than perfect month. 


FEBRUARY FAVOURITES: 


1. Journals: I found a lot of comfort and joy in my Journal this month. I used a pretty embroidered journal for my birthday month and I am happy with how most of the pages turned out. I might do a full post with my favourite journal pages. I also liked my Reading Journal set up this month. 


2. Crochet Reading Tote: I used this softer than soft crochet daisy tote from Nelumbo Crochet as my reading tote for two months now. It holds two books comfortably and my annotation supplies. I made good use of the last few cold days and used a snuggly bag. Will move out of this come March because it's already wayyy too hot. I need to stay away from anything remotely sweater like. 


3. Reading: I read 15 books this month. Most good. Some re-reading was done and I even read an Austen and read some favourite authors. I also enjoyed annotating and using page flags. I read some old books, revisited old faves and read on my iPad. My reading wrap-up will be up tomorrow. 


4. Colouring: I got back to my colouring books and my little arting and it made me so happy. I really need to do more of this. I might need to get myself some new colouring books. 


5. Birthday: Turned a year older. Another circle around the sun. I got so many wishes from so many people and it made me so happy. I ate cake, watched a ton of horror films and rested and had a decent day. 

:) 


6. Sunsets: The gorgeous Spring sunsets are coming back and it makes me almost wish for Spring Summer. Almost, I am not looking forward to the heat but the sunsets are lovely. 


7. Candle Light: Cold nights also meant lighting a candle and feeling all warm and fuzzy. I am happy we had a few cold and cozy nights and my candles could come out and be of use. 



8. One-Pot Pasta: I have re-discovered my love for one-pot pasta and have tweaked a recipe that I absolutely love. 

Recipe: 

Take a few tomatoes, one green capsicum, mushrooms and add pasta of your choice to a pan, add some olive oil and water. 

Cover and cook till things are cooking down. 

Add salt, pepper, paprika, oregano, basil and parsley. 

Mix mix mix. 

Cook it up. 

Add a dash of cream and cheese and eat. 

Easy, peasy and so delish. A perfect meal for hot evenings when you don't want to spend too much time in the kitchen. 


9. New Books: I added so many new books to my iPad. I allow myself a book haul or two in February. It's the only time I let myself buy books without any guilt. I also got a handful of physical books for my birthday, haul coming soon. 


10. Colouring Supplies: One of the things I bought myself for my birthday is a set of colouring pens. A dupe for the legendary Copic Markers..which I don't think I'll ever feel comfortable splurging one, its one of those things I want but don't feel good spending money on, I will get the whole set when I marry a very rich man who wants to spoil me :D 

But I got this set of 60 colours and I am quite happy with them. I've spent many a hours happily colouring and unwinding. 


No comments: