Saturday 10 February 2024

Weekend Reads: The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides

 






 I am trying to read some of my favourite writers and books in February. In honour of my birthday month. 

So far, I've read Ruskin Bond, Anne Tyler and I am making my way through some Jane Austen. 

I remember reading The Virgin Suicides back in 2010. I borrowed a copy from my local library in Bangalore and read it. I really liked it. And soon after I watched the film adaptation. Sofia Coppola made a fever dream of a film that I also enjoyed immensely. 

So it was high time I revisited the Lisbon sisters and go back to their world and sadly their deaths. 

TW for Suicides and Self-Harm. 

Seriously, if this bothers you, you have to avoid this book. 

I am nearly a 100 pages in and really, really enjoying it. 

Plan to read it leisurely over the weekend and maybe rewatch the film too. 

No comments: