Tuesday 1 April 2014

March 2014 Wrap-Up!

March was a bit of a weird reading month. I read some great books but...but I didn't fully enjoy my reading experience. I started a few books but didn't end up finishing them and I hate when that happens. It irks me when I can't finish a book I start. I feel like a massive loser. Gah!

But overall, this was good reading month. I read 15 books in total and that included some classics and a re-read! Yay! I love when my reading month includes all the things I want do reading-wise in the year. I wanted to read classics and I am so glad I keeping my Reading Resolution.

So here are all the books I read in March.


I really enjoyed this book. More than I thought I would. I loved most of the stories and really had a good time reading this book. I gave it a 4/5 stars on GoodReads.


I enjoyed this book only moderately. Maybe I wasn't in the right frame of mind to enjoy it. I will get back to this book on a later date. On this reading, I gave Franny and Zooey a 3/5.


I really had high expectations from this book, since it's written by Eunice D'Souza. I have read and enjoyed poems by her, when I was in college. But this book was just blah...blah...blah. Pointless, boring and very averagely written. I didn't care about any character in this book. 2/5...and I am being generous!


Hehe!!! This book and it's cover just makes me laugh! But this was enjoyable enough. Very, timepass! Fun. 3/5.


I like this book a lot. Surprisingly, a lot. It helped me get out of my reading slump. I'll do a full review soon! 4/5 stars.


Enjoyed, the book above, hated the one below.
4/5
2/5


Another sweet, little book that helped with my reading ennui. My first Sudha Murthy book. I want to read more of her writing and soon. 4/5 stars for this one.




God, I love Truman Capote! LOVE LOVE LOVE! He is such a fantastic writer! I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Short stories, people portraits and a true-crime novella- this book had all of this. LOVED it. 5/5 stars without a doubt!


Some good old love-sex-chemistry-type of thing. 2/5. I didn't really enjoy it. But it was a quick read.



My Agatha Christie read of the month. I LOVED it. One of the best AC books I 've read. One of my favourite stories. 5/5.


Smut. Pure and simple smut. Not half-bad though. 2/5.


This book sounded interesting...and it was interesting...I will do a proper review soon. 2/5.


My re-read for the month. I just love all things Jhumpa Lahiri. This though is my least favourite of her works. I liked this book more this time around. I gave it a 4/5 star.


I love Chimamanda's writing and the stories she tells. I really loved this book. It broke my heart and I learnt so much. One of the best book I read this past month. 4/5. A full review is coming up soon.


I adore Sarah Waters. I loved this book, even though I went ahead and spoiled myself on some of the awesome spoilers! I am so mad at myself! 3/5. I will re-read this at some point and hopefully by then the spoilers won't matter!

Phew! That took a while to do! Which is why I often bail on Wrap-Ups! 

My April TBR post will be up shortly. I want to read some summery books. Lets see what's on my bookshelves and if they lend themselves to plan of summer reads. 

What did you guys read this month? 

No comments: