Monday 7 April 2014

Tag Time: Top 10 Influential Books Tag!

Hello! The idea of this tag is to list 10 books that have influenced you and have stuck with and have impacted your life in some way or the other. So not necessarily favourite books but influential books.

So after some thinking and pondering, here are 10 books that have stayed with me and have a very special place in my life and heart.


1. The Three Little Pigs: Absolute favourite story from my childhood. Those pigs cracked me up! God I loved those little pigs! I sadly identified with the pig that build his house out of straw- yes, I was silly. I don't own a copy of this book anymore, multiple moves made sure my beloved book was lost in transit. I really want to get me a new copy. Is it too silly? 



2. This entire book series had influenced me in a big, big way. The mere mention of this book conjures visions of summer, picnics and cousins and adventures. Love, love, love! 


3. Mr. Meddle was the first book I read on my own and loved. I read and re-read this book over and over and loved it at every re-read! 


4. & 5. Oliver Twist and The Grapes of Wrath are clubbed together because these books forever linked in my mind, I studied/read both these books in college. I loved them both and my studying them in no way took away from them. 



6. Agatha Christie is my comfort read. These books are classics, timeless and wonderful. I love every single AC book I've read so far. 



7. I have always loved the movie version of Breakfast at Tiffany's, Audrey Hepburn, that classic style and all the wit and verve. But I read the book and fell more in love with Holly Golightly and her quirks and charms. I also fell in love with Truman Capote's writing. 


8. Harry Potter- enough said! Loved this series, made me cry, cheer and just fall madly in love with the Wizarding world! 


9. I read The Interpretator of Maladies when it first came out and I was awestruck by the stories and the writing. I re-read this book once in a while and love it each time. 


10. This book is a thing of beauty. It will rip your heart out but it's so worth it. 



11. The first Murakami I ever did read and was blown away by the writing. I couldn't believe it took me that long to get to Murakami! He is a genius! 


12. Pride and Prejudice- Mr. Darcy has ruined all other men for me! Ah! I love this book, this world and it's characters! Brilliant! 

I know I went over the 10 books mark but it just can't be helped! 

Tell me what books have influenced you? 

No comments: