Friday 15 September 2017

To-Be-Read List: TBR for September 2017.

Hello! 
I am well aware that we are half way through the month and my TBR is a way beyond a little late. 
But I thought I might as well share what I intend on reading this month. 
I have already read 5-6 books already and I am hoping I manage to make my way through at least most of this pile. 
I love what I have lined up, if not this month I am thrilled to make them a part of my TBR next month. 

Let's jump into my Reading List for September...or rather what's left of September! 


First up this book- Empire by Devi Yesodharan, a new release from Juggernaut. A book set in 11th century India and about the Cholas. I am so excited to read this, history has always been an area of interest of mine and when written well, historical fiction is always a pleasure to read. 
The kind peopleat Juggernaut sent this copy to review and I can't wait to get to it. 


I just finished this little novella yesterday and I really, really enjoyed it. Simple yet profound and well ahead of it's time. 


I haven't read a Toni Morrison in ages and this book- Jazz even has a murder mystery (of sorts) in it! Can't believe I haven't gotten to it yet! 


I've had this book for ages but haven't gotten to it yet (story of my life) but it sounds interesting. An English summer, some friends and changing equations between them. All good things! 


Finally time to read some Proust! 


A roll-over from my last month's TBR. 


I haven't read any Virginia Woolf ever! 
*GASP*
Time to amend that immediately! 


Another writer I've been meaning to read for absolute ages. 


This - The Wife and The Beloved and Other Stories by Ashapurna Devi is going to be my Durga Pujo read. 
I am excited. 


This is going to be my third book by Meg Rosoff. 

Short stories by D.H. Lawrence. 


Whoa! That's a whole lot of reading to do. 
Honestly, I don't think I'll get to all of these book this month. What with Durga Pujo and my parents arriving next week, the rest of this month is bound to be busy. 

But what I don't read this month I will read in October. 

Books to Read in September: 

Empire by Devi Yesodharan
Up at the Villa by W. Somerset Maugham 
Selected Stories by D.H. Lawrence 
What I Was by Meg Rosoff 
The Stranger's Child by Alan Hollinghurst 
Jazz by Toni Morisson 
The Wife and The Beloved by Ashapurna Devi 
Anil's Ghost by Michael Ondaatje 
In Other Rooms and Other Wonders by Daniyal Mueenuddin
To The Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf
Jealously by Marcel Proust 


No comments: