Wednesday 20 September 2017

Pujo Prep: Haul+ Review/// Lil Sister Backpack & Modified Tote from The Burlap People

Hello! 
Next in my Pujo Prep series is the cutest little mini-backpack in all of the land! 
I have had my beady eye on The Burlap People since the beginning of the year. I've been low-key stalking and mooning over their designs on their Instagram page since January and considered getting  a bag from them. 
I had my heart set on the Lil Sister backpack from the very beginning. First up the size is simply delightful. The name too is something close to my heart, since I am a lil sister myself. 
:)
And they come is so many colours and a few prints too! 
My sister is in love with all things tote and wanted a tote for herself too and after nearly 9 months of thinking and stalking and ruminating we decided to get some Burlap lovin' for Pujo. 
I mean why not?!
Pujo is the best time to splurge and get yourself something you really, really want! 

So I went with my original love- The Lil Sister Backpack in Lavender. 
&
My sister got the Modified Tote in their new Tulsi print...which is so beautiful, it blows my mind. 


My gorgeous little lavender beauty. 
The pictures don't do it justice, honestly, the pictures kinda suck thanks to the constant rain in these parts. 
I will take better pictures soon and share them as well. 

But first, some first impressions...

1. These are super-duper soft. Like amazingly soft to the touch. It feels almost like velvet or like very expensive linen. 
2. They are incredibly well-made.
3. Even though she be tiny, she is spacious enough for all of odds and ends. 
4. The zippers buttery soft. 
5. The leather trimmings are perfectly made. 


I'll be honest, I was a little skeptical getting a jute bag because I am kinda a little bit allergic to the fibres in jute. I had a jute bag eons ago and my eyes and skin were not happy with it. This was the reason it took me so long to get one of these. I wanted to be sure this wasn't rough or very fibre-y. 
I am happy to report that it isn't! 
It is super smooth all over and like I've said it soft and nearly cuddly to the touch. 




And this beauty is the Modified Tote in the Tulsi Print. 

First Impressions; 

1. Very roomy. This tote will seriously fit everything you need and then some. It could just as easily double up as a weekend bag or a perfect tote to travel with. 
2. The print is gorgeous and I love how the print is all over the bag. They've not been stingy with the print. 
3. The handle is adjustable, which is always a good thing be. 
4. The bag comes with a matching pouch inside- something we weren't expecting but is always, always a good surprise. 
4. White and tan leather are such a match made in heaven. 
5. It has a zip...which is always welcome. 

I am seriously so in love with these bags! 
They have exceeded every expectation I had. 
So good! 

I will let you know how they fare once we use them, which will be once the rains let up. 

I am so happy I got these for Pujo.  

You can find The Burlap People on their Facebook Page HERE. 

Or 


Write to them at whatup@theburlappeople.com to request a catalogue and get yourself a little treat. 


No comments: