Tuesday 26 September 2017

Pujo Prep: The Clothes Edit.

Hello!!! 

Clothes are a big part of Pujo.
As a child, it seemed like the one time in the year when my wardrobe saw a huge influx of new styles! 
I got a couple of things for my birthday but Pujo was the big one. 
I got things from my parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles and even some spending money.
Life was good! 

Being a grown-up means getting your own clothes for Pujo and a few gifts from my folks and my sister. 
:)

When it comes to Pujo shopping now, I like to keep it simple and a little bit sensible. 
I like to keep the weather in mind for each outfit. 
And being here in Bombay, the weather is rather unpleasant during Pujo- hot and humid and generally unpleasant. So like most of my fashion choices, I stick to what I love best- Cotton! 
I buy easy and happy clothes. 
Clothes I can breathe in. 
Most of my pandal hopping happens in the day and lingers on to evenings and night. Unlike my childhood, I don't get to come back home, rest, change and then head out again. My outfits need to last through the day. That makes cotton even more important. 

These are glimpse into my Pujo clothes this year. 
I will share my OOTD's on the blog as and when I wear them. 

For now a sneak peak into my Clothes Edit for Durga Pujo 2017. 


Two stoles I recently got from Accessorize. 
I may not wear this during Pujo but stoles are always nice to have on hand. 


Comfy and super colourful pants from OMO.


Two more stoles that my parents got me for Pujo.


A stack of my Pujo clothes.
Many prints and colours and the lot of them in cotton and mul.
Today was Shoshti and it was hotter than hell.
So glad that I chose all cotton clothes.
These clothes are from Fabindia, Soma, Westside, Global Desi and Okhai.


Another gift from my parents, an ajrakh wrap-around skirt.
I love the print and the colours of this skirt. I will wear if it stays dry and doesn't rain.


I hope you guys had a good Shoshti.
Mine was a working one.
So I didn't really go out or anything.

Tomorrow for Saptami I intend to hit the town.

:)


No comments: