Monday 4 September 2017

Monthly Favourites//// August 2017.

Hello! 

August has run off with alarming speed and now it's time to list all the things I loved in August. 

TBH, August felt a bit like a flop month. 
I fell sick and that flu really seemed to linger on and take it's toll. 
I meant to do so much more and get so much more done but I kinda slacked on it. 

But moving on, there were definitely some highlights. 
Reading 20 books. 
Reading only Indian books! 
Independence Day.
Ganesh Chaturthi. 
Making modaks for the first time ever. 
Some rainy days. 
Cooking up a storm. 
&
Some delightful new stationery bits. 

Let's jump into my favourites.



1. Rainy August Days/// I will forever and more love rainy days.
And August had some mild and some terrifying rainy days.
It was heart breaking to see my city battle a hard day and at the same time, it was heartening to see so many people open their hearts and homes to strangers and offer a helping hand. The Spirit of Mumbai might be an used and abused term, but the kindness of it's people is something that needs to be acknowledged and appreciated.


2. Favourite Nail Polish/// Milk Chocolate by Nykaa.
I find matte nail paints so convenient and effortless. I have a ton of matte nail patins from Inglot and I love them, these ones from Nykaa are great too and so much more affordable than Inglot!


3. Tea + Favourite Mugs//// I drank a whole lot of tea in August, perhaps something to do with all the rain we had. I am a coffee drinker for most part but there is something about a well brewed cup of tea!
Also, I bought this massive ceramic mug from Fabindia and got my sister this leaf shaped dish!
So in love with clean designs and classic ceramic pieces.


4. Reading Indian Books in August/// As expected I loved reading only Indian books in August.
I didn't miss reading from the rest of the world. I was immensely happy to read from my corner of the world. I read so many good books.
I'll be doing a reading wrap-up soon.


5. Ganesh Chaturthi/// The festival to celebrate the cutest God in the whole world!
This year my sister and I went all out, well for us, and made modaks for the first time ever!
We, for one, were super proud of our endeavours.


Ganpu and a plate of homemade modaks and the glow of fairy lights in a bulb.
A mix and match at home celebration.


6. Bujo/// I am still loving the Bujo style of planning and I loved my August Bujo set-up.
A more in-depth look at my Bujo is coming soon!
I loved that I started my month setting up my new set-up and making goals for the month and various other little to-do lists.


7. TV Show// Strike- The Cuckoo's Calling

Long time readers of this blog will know that we've read and enjoyed all of Robert Galbraith's (aka J.K. Rowling's) detective series. You can click on each of the book's names to find our reviews of them- The Cuckoo's Calling, The Silkworm and A Career of Evil.
So, when we learnt that the BBC is converting these books into TV Mini Series, we had to go and watch them! The Mini Series is so, so good, guys!!!
Try and watch it, if you can!






No comments: