Friday 25 February 2022

Monthly Favourites: February 2022.

 Hello Loves! 

The last Friday of the month means it's time for my Monthly Favourites. 

And this time it's a favourites for my favourite month ever. My birthday month. While I don't exactly do a lot for my birthday itself, I do like celebrate all month long. I eat good food. I cook. I buy little things. And it's the one time in the whole year when I buy books without too much guilt. And I try to be as happy as I can. This month was rather good for me. Nothing major, just littered with little joys. 

Here are some of my favourite things/moments. 

FEBRUARY 2022 FAVOURITES: 



1. Rainy Days:  The early days of the month we were blessed with some rains and thunder and clouds. If you know me, you know how happy it makes me. Winter rains brought out the chills and I spent a few days under quilts watching spooky films and honestly living my best life. It honestly felt like a gift from the Gods. 


2. Birthday:  Turning a year older and hopefully wiser was another highlight of this month. This year I had 3 birthday cakes and felt most spoilt. Sadly I was a little sick in the days leading up to my birthday and even on my birthday I was a little less than all there, still I had a good day. Full of good food. Many laughs. So many wishes and lovely messages. And even a spot of Scrabble and winning at Scrabble. A good day. 


3. Planner  & Journal Pages in February:  I try to go all out and do something special in my planners and journals in my birthday month and this year I did more of that. I tried to make each page a little special. 
I especially love my Journal for Daily Thoughts this month. I love how it turned out. I have done a whole post on it so you can go see how I did my journal there. 


A little look at my Gratitude Journal this month. 
:) 
My sticker stash and my kind of a happy mess. Most months begin in my world looking a little like this. 


My beautiful journal. 

I am low-key obsessed. 



An entry from Valentine's Day, featuring a favourite quote from Carrie Bradshaw. 

I really like how simple and beautiful this page turned out. 


4. Saraswati Pujo: This month we (Bengalis) celebrated Maa Saraswati and I asked for more wisdom and keep my love for knowledge alive and well. 



5. Terrace Reading and Being:  Some of my favourite moments this month and in all of winter is spending my days up on my terrace. Packing up a tote full of things I need- journals, books, pens and highlighters and going up and watching my small town amble up and reading and being. It's the perfect sort of day and it makes me so happy. 


A look inside my tote bag. 

Very on point for #hotgirltotebag 

:) 


6. Book Sleeves and Pouches:  Some of the favourite things I added to my life this month were some book sleeves (from Taaga by Reema) and a couple of other pouches that act a covers for diaries and journals and are made by small businesses and NGOs. 

My favourite sort of place to buy from.  I will do hauls and share my new joys soon. 


Look at this stunner from Chhoti si Asha. 

Love it. 


7. Birthday Book Hauls: There is nothing more joyful than buying books on my birthday. Back when the world was good and things were normal, my birthday included going to multiple bookshops and buying as many books as I wanted, no guilt and allowing myself to go wild! 

:) 

This year I did a spot on online book buying. 

Some old.

Some new. 

All good. 

Hauls coming at you soon! 

I also did my birthday tradition of clicking an Instax of my birthday book stack. 

:) 


8. Reading:   I'll be honest, my reading didn't exactly go according to plan this month. This was the stack I had allll lined up and ready to jump into at the very start of the month. 

But life got in the way. 

But my reading overall was pretty good this month. 

I will do my wrap-up on the 28th we'll talk about all that I read this month. 

I also loved the moment this picture was clicked. It was the 1st of February and I spent alllll night cleaning and re-jigging my books and making my room as cozy as possible. And that is pretty much my idea of a good time. I started my birthday month doing things I love so much- cleaning and playing around with my books. 

A good start. 

:)


February was a good month. 

Full of big joys. 

Happy mails. 

Oh and watching, re-watching some of my favourite films- Scream (every single film) and Urban Legend and a ton of other horror and slashed films. 

Rainy days. 

Celebrations. 

Joy and Love. 

I am so grateful for a yet another birthday and so much love from the world and having a solid good month. 

:) 


No comments: