Saturday 12 February 2022

Weekend Reads: What I am Reading this Weekend ~ Champak & Assamese Short Stories.

 Hello Loves! 

My reading this weekend is a good mix of fun and seriousness. 

First the serious and wonderful collection of short stories I am currently devouring. 


How To Tell The Story of an Insurgency Edited by Aruni Kashyap: Stories set in and from Assam have become a favourite of mine. I have been reading a lot from Assam since 2020 and it's always a pleasure to head back to it's often conflicted world. This anthology of short stories from Assam centers around the insurgency and it's many facets. Told from many voices and written in Assamese. Bodo and English. this is a much needed and nuanced look at life in Assam. I am a couple of stories in and I am absolutely loving it. 

I have a feeling I will breeze through this stories over the weekend. 

So good! 


Next I am taking a trip back in time. 

To my childhood days. 

All via good old Champak. 




Did you grow up reading Champak? 

I was honestly more of a Tinkle girl but my sister was a huge Champak fan and has the fondest memories of getting the latest Champak in the mail. Last month we saw that packs of 10 Champaks were selling on Amazon for only 119 bucks and we had to treat ourselves to this simple pleasure. 

:) 

And they arrived this week and put the biggest smile on our faces. 

My plan this weekend is to read a few of these and remember simpler days and feel a little nostalgic. 

:) 

Hope you have a good weekend. 

Happy Reading Loves! 

No comments: