Saturday 26 March 2022

Weekend Reads: What Me and My Sister are Reading this Weekend & Binging Too.

 Hello Loves! 

Saturday means talking about our weekend reads and watching. This weekend we are doing a bit of both and so let's just jump into it shall we? 

First let me tell you what my sister has already read..she started her book first thing in the morning and as as of two hours ago has already finished it. She is a bit of a reading machine. She will go a whole week with no reading and read three books in one weekend. Today was a little bit like that for her. She finished her book in pretty much two sittings. 

Here is the book she read. 


Nine Lives by Peter Swanson: Nine strangers receive a list with their names on it in the mail. Nothing else, just a list of names on a single sheet of paper. None of the nine people know or have ever met the others on the list. They dismiss it as junk mail, a fluke—until very, very bad things begin happening to people on the list.

First, a well-liked old man is drowned on a beach in the small town of Kennewick, Maine. Then, a father is shot in the back while running through his quiet neighborhood in suburban Massachusetts. A frightening pattern is emerging, but what do these nine people have in common? Their professions range from oncology nurse to aspiring actor, and they’re located all over the country. So why are they all on the list, and who sent it?

FBI agent Jessica Winslow, who is on the list herself, is determined to find out. Could there be some dark secret that binds them all together? Or is this the work of a murderous madman? As the mysterious sender stalks these nine strangers, they find themselves constantly looking over their shoulders, wondering who will be crossed off next…


I really love Peter Swanson's book, I have read everything he's published and I have for most part really enjoyed his books. His books pull you in and don't let you go. And this one did pretty much the same. My sister had a hard time putting it away. She read this, like I said in two sittings but unfortunately by the end of it was left in a fuming rage! She is going to do a full review soon but she says, "Avoid!" The book goes on smoothly and the pace is amazing and the writing is good and as an ode to And Then There Were None it keeps you hooked and guessing, it's just that the ending and the motive of the killer and the thing being avenged is beyond stupid and frustrating and it's a shame to even compare it to Dame Agatha's timeless classic. 

Avoid! 

Skip.

Don't buy. 

What a shame, we had such high hopes from this one, it was one of my most anticipated reads of the year! 


Next on to something I am reading and LOVING! 



I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou: I can't believe it's taken me this long to find my way to this stellar book. I have always, always meant to read it and I am so glad I finally am. I am only 70 odd pages in and I am ready to be blown away! I am taking my time with this one and this might well be the last book for this year's #FemmeMarch and a worthy way to end my reading this month. This is what the new few days of my life will look like and I couldn't be happier. 

:) 

Now for what we are watching. 


I am finally, finally jumping on to the K-drama bandwagon and starting with one of the best (as stated by my sister and other K-drama loving souls). 

Crash Landing on You is seriously adorable and I am 4 episodes in and I cannot stop. It's so freaking cute. I am not a romance person...not at all..yet look at me all invested in this story! 

Cute! 

:) 

Hope your weekend is going well too and I hope it's restful and full of good books! 


No comments: