Monday 19 December 2022

Book Haul: Books of December 2022. {Blogmas Day- 19.}

 Hello Loves! 

Time for a little book haul. 

Bought some books a few days ago and I swear there is nothing as nice as opening book mail and dreaming about reading these new books you've added to your shelf. And something about December makes me feel a little less guilty about buying books and adding to my over-flowing shelves. 

:) 

There are 8 new books I've added to my shelves. 



A debut novel that's got so much buzz and it sounds so good. 
A young couple is filmed while making out or more, and this video then goes viral in their small town and shenanigans ensue. Scandalous! 
Sounds like something I'll enjoy immensely. 
Saving this for January. Can't wait. 


Some campus tales set at BHU. 
I think I'll enjoy this. Stories set on a college campus and slice of life and young people finding themselves and love. 
A good time. 
Plus I got this for like really cheap. 
99 bucks only. 
I can't resist a deal! 


Read Vol. I of this collection back in 2020 and I am excited to read this bunch too. I am always up to read some short stories and an anthology, when picked right can work wonders. I am hoping for some amazing writing and finding some new-to-me authors. 


I love reading a good novella and these two from a Bangladeshi writer seem promising. Might just save it for April when I read only Bengali books and authors. 


A Booker Prize short list that is a very short read and I've heard nothing but good things about it. 
Excited to pick it up and see how we get along. It's supposed to be quite clever and inventive and I am curious, very curious to see if it works for me. 


 I am having a historical fiction moment right now and I just can't seem to get enough of Indian Historical Fiction, so this book sounds just perfect for my current frame of mind. 
A Prince falls for a Singer and it's not exactly a match made in heaven. The cover says this is soon to be a major motion picture and I wonder if this is what Qala (on Netflix) is based on? 
I haven't seen Qala yet, so maybe I'll read this and then watch that. 
This reminds of a certain legendary singer and her life long love with a Prince/Cricketer...if you know your Indian gossip you might know of this story too. 



See I told you I was having a historical fiction moment. 
This book was sent to me very kindly by the publisher and I am currently reading it and really enjoying it. 
It tells the story of a Crown Prince of a Princely State in pre-independence India, growing up in this little bubble and immense previlege and how he comes of age in a country on the cusp of change and how he learns to find his place in this new world. 
I love this book and I am really enjoying it and the journey it's taking me on. 


Finally, I picked up my third Neel Mukherjee. I read his previous Booker Short List novel...The Lives of Others and I loved it. I have always meant to read more from him but I've not quite gotten around to it.  I own another of his books, something I want to get to soon but this one I had to get and my sister wanted to read this too. 



Here's everything. 

I do hope to maybe..make a little Christmas book haul..maybe...

But for this I am more than thrilled about these books. 

BOOKS BOUGHT:

A State of Freedom by Neel Mukherjee 

The Prince by Manohar Malgonkar 

The Prince and The Nightangle by Abhishek Bhatt 

Treacle Walker by Alan Garner 

Life and Political Reality by Shahidul Zahir

Best Indian Short Storied, Edited by Khushwant Singh, Vol. II

Banaras Talkies by Satya Vyas 

Teen Couple Having Fun Outdoors by Aravind Jayan


Oohh so much happy reading in my future. 

:) 


No comments: