Saturday 24 December 2022

Christmas Book Haul! {Blogmas Day- 24.}

 Hello Loves! 

Happy Christmas Eve to You. 

I hope you are feeling sufficiently Merry and Festive! 

:) 

Two days ago, I went to a bookshop, a proper physical bookshop after agesss, like years and of course I had to buy some books, what am I a monster? No. I bought some books and let's see what I got. 

I am calling this my Christmas Book Haul! 


The new Upamanyu Chatterjee, this is a literary thriller and when done right, I tend to love this genre. Plus, I have read him before and I had this book on my radar since it came out a few months ago. Love how trippy this cover is. This something both me and my sister want to read come January. 


I won't lie, this book was initially a cover pick, as in I found myself pulling this one out because look at these damn colours! So pretty! This chunky little beauty also has a mystery element and a queer love equation. 
Sounds interesting and I can't wait to read it soon. 



This is not exactly a book, it's a journal for anxiety. To quiet your anxiety. I am an anxious bish, so when I saw this I felt like it was calling out to me...I hope this helps on anxious days, I will let you know how I get along with this. 


This one was on my radar since it made it to the Booker Long List, I loved the sound of it. This is another literary thriller set against the backdrop of racial injustice. Sounds soo good. I am glad I finally picked it up and I cannot wait to read it. I know a lot of people who loved this one and I hope I love it too. 


My sister picked this one out, this is some historical fiction and about a horrible thing that happened in a boarding school. Sounds right up my sister's alley and I think I'll love it too. Also, what a stunning little book! 



BOOKS BOUGHT: 

1. The Trees by Percival Everett 

2. Create Your Own Calm by Mira Lee Patel 

3. Villainy by Upamanyu Chatterjee 

4. A Terrible Kindness by Jo Browning Wroe 

5. Plain Bad Heroines by Emily M. Danforth 


So much happy reading in my future! 

:) 

No comments: