Saturday 17 December 2022

5 Reasons to Watch Govinda Naam Mera. {Blogmas Day- 17.}

 


I saw the trailer for Govinda Naam Mera when it came out and frankly, I didn't think I'd watch it. It looked so loud and so over the top, I didn't think this would be something I'd enjoy. 

Yet, last night, as I doing my dinner prep, I figured I'd try it for ten minutes while I chopped veggies for my pasta and then switch to something else when I sat down to eat. 

And surprise, surprise I began to enjoy myself and laughing. 

The trailer really did this film dirty. It is so much more than a loud and overly sexual film, it's a fun ride from start to finish with a lot of laughs and even a twist or two. 


Here are 5 Reasons You Need to Watch Govinda Naam Mera on Disney Hotstar: 


1. It's a laugh riot. It's reminiscent of old Bollywood, the 90s comedies~~ a little bit of physical comedy, funny lines and even a touch of slapstick humour. But all of these combined make for a film that will have you laughing out loud several times. It's the kind of film you watch when you need to watch at the end of a long day and just unwind and go along for the ride. The movie is a pretty good one-time watch. 


2. The acting of each and every actor, lead or otherwise, is very good. Vicky Kaushal. Bhumi Pednekar, Renuka Shahane, Amey Wagh and Kiara Advani have all done a great job and justice to their lines and their characters. It was especially nice to see Renuka Shahane do this madcap role. She had some of the funniest lines and moments in the film. Also, the supporting characters bring so much to this story and are all very competent and funny. 

Most of the characters in the film are so likable and you find yourself rooting for them and cheering them on. 


3. There is a bit of a mystery and misadventure and all of it very nicely done and is some solid writing and leaves no loose ends in the end, something I really appreciate. The mystery/thriller aspect is treated very well. 


4.  The pace and run time is perfect. Things move fast and you have no time to waste or get bored. I also appreciated that there were only two songs and they made sense in the story. 


5. This was just soooo much fun and full of big laughs and so much entertainment. Fun, good old fashioned fun. And I also loved the twist...one that I saw coming and the other that took me by surprise. 


Watch this on Disney+ Hotstar and have a good time. 

Have a lovely weekend loves. 

No comments: