Friday 27 December 2019

Blogmas Day- 23 Christmas Picnic.


Like I was saying in my precious blogpost, this Christmas I went on a picnic to Gorubathan. By a river bed. Surrounded by mountains and clouds floating by, it was a serene spot...but fullllll of people. Everyone was out and set to enjoy Christmas. 


Dusk. 




Winter and picnics go hand in hand. 
In my childhood, especially in the year I spent in Lucknow, winter afternoons on the weekend were reserved for outing to the Zoo, Residency and various parks and gardens. Picnics meant lots of snacks, fruits and games. 
Being out in the sun and exploring the place we were at. 

It was so nice revisiting that slice of my childhood. 
Being out under the open sky and seeing all kinds of food being cooked on open fires. 
Our menu included//

Rice.
Dal with veggies.
Beguni.
Kadhai Paneer.
Muri Ghonto. 
Mutton curry. 
Fish curry.
Tomato Chutney. 
&
Sweets. 

Wayyyy more elaborate than my childhood picnics. 

No comments: