Friday 13 December 2019

Blogmas Day- 13 Favourite Spooky Films + TV Shows of 2019.

Hello! 

And Happy Friday the 13th to you! 
In honour of this gloriously spooky date I thought I'd list some of the best scary films I've seen this year. 
It's a mix of English, Hindi and even one Bengali film. 

Let's jump into it shall we..



1. The Possession of Hannah Grace: I watched this film quite by chance, I thought it would be one of those cheesy scary films but it turned out to be rather unsettling and well-made. 
Find it on Amazon Prime. 

2. Midsommar: This one was so hyped and all summer long I couldn't stop hearing about it. Eventually, it was unsettling and creepy enough, plus full of gore. But honestly, it didn't quite live up to the hype. But it's still worth a watch. 

3. Scary Stories Told in the Dark: Based on an epically famous book, this adaptation was a fun watch. Scary in parts yet not too hardcore, perfect for people who aren't very into horror films but still enjoy the genre. 

4. Annabelle Comes Home: The  new film in the Conjuring universe. A series of films I enjoy. Of course, not all of them are equally as good or scary but I will watch every film that comes out of this storyline. This one in particular was not very scary but a deeper dive into the room of possessed objects. Fun. 

5. Ready or Not: Not horror per say but so much fun. A hunt if you will. Good fun. 

6. Bhoot Chaturdashi: A Bengali film for the list. A run of the mill story of four young people going to a supposed haunted house or rather ruin and encounter the supernatural. Scary enough but entirely predictable. 
Available on Amazon Prime and Hoichoi. 

7. Escape Room: This one took me by surprise, I didn't think I'd like it so much. This is the kind of film you watch on the edge of your seat. It's one thing after another and such a entertaining film. 
Find it on Amazon Prime. 

8. Evil: A TV show recommendation, an investigative show with a twist. A priest in training, an atheist technical expert and a psychologist investigate cases of possession, hauntings and even miracles. It's pretty darn good. 

9. Nancy Drew: An old favourite in a new packing. Plus this one comes with a ghost on the side. An old mystery and a few murder. It's a little too angsty for my taste but I am still (so far) hooked. 

10. American Horror Story- 1984: This season of AHS has been super thrilling and creepy. A classic slasher premise (camp counsellors being brutally murdered) has been enhanced by super twists and a few supernatural elements as well. Watch it on Hotstar. 


The plan for tonight is to stare at the moon for a good while and try and watch something scary. 
:) 

I am blown away by the full moon, the last full moon of the year and decade and I am so kicked about the gorgeous picture I managed to click last night. 

No comments: