Monday 16 December 2019

Blogmas Day- 16 It's The Little Things. (Methods of Self-Care on Difficult Days.)


Some days just feel heavy on the heart.
The News is full of darkness. 
Everything that is happening in and around me is breaking my heart. 
It feels like the world is falling apart. 
:( 

On days like this it's important to focus on your mental health and self-soothe and look after yourself. 
Participate in the world but don't forget to stop to recharge. 


On days when my anxiety in out to get me, I find it useful to focus on other things than the News. 


Others Things That Help Me: 

Going out. 
Taking a walk.
Spending time in nature.
Flowers. 
Finding stories that make me feel better. 
Tuning out. 
Journaling. 
Napping.
Scrubbing my face and body.
A long warm shower.
Hair care--- oiling, washing and conditioning. 
Watching something funny. 
Watching animal videos. 



I hope you are taking care of yourselves. 

This December is decidedly less festive than I had hoped for. 
One, I am Christmas tree less. 
:(
Being away from home, Bombay means missing out on all the Christmas cheer. 
&
My sister's health hasn't been the best, which is upsetting and worrying. 
The world is falling apart. 
So..well...

I hope the rest of the month gets better. 


I am off to play around with my books and maybe order a few books to cheery myself up. 
Here is a stack of books I've read most of. 
I am currently reading The Last Seance by Agatha Christie and loving it. 
Winter Nights and Spooky Tales are a match made in heaven. 
:) 

No comments: