Saturday 27 January 2024

Monthly Favourites: January 2024. (Planners, Mug, Books, Totes, Crochet + iPad).

 Hello Loves! 

January is almost over, doesn't she always feel unduly long?

I don't mind. I like January. I like how she is an importunity to set goals and get inspired and have hope. 

I like her. 

And this January has been good. 

Very Good. 

Here are some of most favourite things/feelings and moments from January 2024. 

(I am hoping I keep up with sharing my Monthly Favourites all through 2024.) 


JANUARY FAVOURITES: 



1. Planners and Journals: As always, I loved setting-up and moving into my new Planners and Journals. It brought me so much joy and I have absolutely loved my new set-ups. 

My Daily Life Planner. 

My Blog Planner. 

My Gratitude Journal. 

Daily Journal. 

Book/Reading Journal. 

I have loved them all. 

It's like the highlight of January for me, to set up a plethora of new journals. 



Here is my Reading Journal. 

A thing of joy. 



2. Book Buying: January made me add 10 new books to my shelves and I am one happy puppy. I like starting the new year with new books and I added some amazing books to my shelves and I couldn't be more grateful and happy. 


3. iPad Mini: I have had my iPad Mini for a little over a year and I love her. 
In January, I just really fell in love with her. 
I started a Pinterest account, which I've been enjoying a whole lot. 
I also read some 6 books on my iPad. 
And watched videos and even took pictures. 
I am really, really enjoying her. 


Oh, and I added a ton of new stickers to jazz up her cover. 

Sadly, finding a cute cover for an iPad mini is not the easiest. So I will jazz things up on my own. 



4. Favourite Mug: I bought one new mug in January and I love her. 

She's from Weaving Homes. 

I love how bright and happy this mug is and hold the perfect amount of coffee. 



5. Crochet Daisy Tote: I got this tote bag back in December from Nelumbo Crochet. The frog dangly thingie is also from her that I've had for a while, it keep a pair of earphones in it. I use this tote to hold my current read, occasionally my iPad and a pouch with some of my annotation supplies. It's so cute and cozy and unbelievably soft and cuddly. 
Perfect for winter. 
I will move out of her the minute it gets hot in Mumbai. 



6. A Mumbai Winter: The first half or so of January was unreasonably and unfathomably hot. Like winter was no where on the scene. And then..some magic happened and we were blessed with some cold and mellow and wonderful days. 

Blessings! 

The AC went off, the quilts (the light kind) came out, candles were lit, tea was brewed and life was good. 

I cannot tell you how much I love Winter. I am my best version when the weather is cold and agreeable. 

I hope these gentle days last a little while longer. 



7. Ins and Outs of 2024: I don't often partake in trends. But this one had my whole heart. To list out things I wanted In and Out of my Life in 2024. 
I did this on the first day of the year and I am mighty pleased with the list and I hope I can do most of it, if not all of it in 2024. 


Goal setting in general has been a favourite thing for this month. 



8. Reading: I picked some great books to kick off my new year. 



I started with books I knew I would love and I did. 

I also read some amazing Japanese Literature for Japanuary. 

And a whole lot of other great books, which I'll talk about more in my Reading Wrap-Up. 

So glad my reading life started on a very good note. Now only if the rest of the year goes along in the same vein. 

Oh, while I read some 17-18 books this month, my sister has read some 37 books!!!!!! 

All romance and most of which she's loved a lot! 



9. Mental Health: I am so so so grateful that my mental health and general emotional well-being was so good in January. I tend to get very overwhelmed at the New Year rolls around. But this year I made a very conscious effort to just calm down and not put too much pressure on myself. 
So this chill frog was basically me all month long. 
And it is my most favourite thing ever. 
Mental Peace is EVERYTHING. 



10. Calm Days: I have worked quite hard at managing my swirling thoughts and finding calm in chaos and trying my hardest to hold on to my sense of calm. And I am so incredibly grateful that January was full of calm days. And I am really proud of ME for sticking to my goal of keeping calm and not letting every little thing get to me. If you have Anxiety you know this is easier said than done. So I am happy that January me managed to keep her calm. 
I hope the rest of the year is similarly good. 
(This is a journal I've been hoarding since end of 2022 and saving it for a good..well bad day.)

Other Faves this Month Were: 

Lebu Cha 
Chocolate Milk Cake
Strawberry Cheesecake 
Not shopping a whole lot. Being sensible. 
More Reading. Less TV. 
Good Skin, after months. 
Trimming my bangs. 
Blogging every day. 
My Parent's Wedding Anniversary. 
Organizing my room. 
Cozy TV shows. 
My sister reading like a happy little maniac. 

😊😊😊😊😊

You were so good January. 

Thank-You. 

More Please. 

πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™


No comments: