Saturday 6 January 2024

Weekend Reads: The Gallery by Manju Kapur

What I am Reading This Weekend: 

I bought Manju Kapur's latest book last month, and saved it for January and here we are. I've read most of her books and have enjoyed a majority of them. 

So I have high hopes that this will be a winner too. 

I am only a little bit in and so far in, it's to ticking all of the boxes. So well-written, sharp and full of astute observations. 

This is the first page and a pretty good sample of her writing style. 

It's about an older woman, looking back on her life. A pretty unconventional one at that, she wanted to stay single and live life on her own terms.  But the pressures of family and society make her succumb to an arranged marriage...one that she decided on herself.

It's about identity, independence, loneliness, love and art. 

I am so excited and happy to be reading this. 

What My Sister is Reading This Week: 

My sister has been on a romance kick since November and it's still going strong. She is finding a lot of comfort and distraction and joy reading romance. She's also reading a thriller right now. 

This weekend she's reading~ 

Two Dead Wives by Adele Parks, which is about well, two dead wives and several twists and turns. 

She might also pick up Pride and Prejudice over the weekend. She has a special, new, cloth bound copy awaiting her. 

All I want to do this weekend is stay cozy and drink coffee and read my heart out 📖

Reading in bed on a winter's night is a whole other kind of perfection. 


 Hope you're having a lovely weekend too💖


No comments: