Wednesday 19 January 2022

Book Haul: eBooks I've Recently Bought.

 Hello Loves!

Time for a little Book Haul. An eBook haul. I tend to share my physical book hauls more often than I do with the additions to my Kindle. I do some Kindle flip-throughs on IG via Reels but I figured I'd do a good old fashioned book haul here as well. I keep buying books on my Kindle because 

a) It's far too easy. 

b) It's often a cheaper option, especially for new releases. 

c) I love my Kindle. 

So here are some new additions to my eBook shelves. Mostly books I've bought and some are via Kindle Unlimited. 

:) 


The School for Good Mothers by Jessamine Chan~ what I am reading currently. 
The Sentence by Louise Erdrich~ my sister's latest read. 
The Treble with Murder by Christy Barritt 
A Deadly Affair by Agatha Christy~ might read this next month.


Arsenic and Adobo by  Mia P. Manansala~ Something I think my sister has been sampling. 


Silent Parade by Keigo Kagashino~ I might read this for January in Japan. 
Tell Me How To Be by Neel Patel ~ I read his collection of short stories last year and figured I'd enjoy his novel too. 
Empire of Pain by Patrick Radden Keefe~ This one sounds amazing and I am trying to read a little more non-fiction this year. 
How To Tell The Story of an Insurgency Edited by Aruni Kashyap ~ I can't wait to read these stories set in Assam. 
The Year I Stopped Trying by Katie Heaney~ I read this in bits and pieces last year and didn't quite love it. 
The Last House on the Needless Street by Catriona Ward~ sounds odd and whimsical and should be fun. Hoping to read it before winter is over. 



Rumi's Little Book of Beauty~ kinda currently reading this right now. 
The Hindu Way by Shashi Tharoor~ Haven't read any Tharoor in absolute ages and might give it a whirl at some point. 
The Book of Form and Emptiness by Ruth Ozeki~ Another contender for January in Japan. 
Young Bloofd by Chandrima Das~ horror stories set on college campuses across India. I am dying to read this soon! 
These Precious Days by Ann Pattchett~ sister read, loved and reviewed this one. 
Dakhma by Hari Kumar~ more horror to read on cold, foggy winter nights. 


The M Train by Patti Smith~ more non-fiction and a writer I've heard so much about. 
Some Annie Ernaux that I want to read soon.
To Paradise by Hanya Yanagihara~ of course I got it. I am not sure if I will get to it immediately or wait a minute...let's see. 
True Crime Story by Joseph Knox~ something my sister wants to read soon. 
The Boyfriend by Michelle Frances~ a thriller. Haven't read one in a while 
The Greatest Odia Stories Ever Told~ also a current read. 


Cloud Cuckoo Land by Anthoy Doerr~ this is mostly for my sister to read. 

Afterparties by Anthony Veasna So~ short stories about Cambodian American families and lives. 

A Thousand Mornings by Mary Oliver~ a bid to include more poetry in my life 

The Paris Library by Janey Skeslien Charles 

The Orphan's Secret by Shirley Dickson 

The Rose Code by Kate Quinn 

All of these are historical fiction for my sister to read. 

:) 

That's a lot of books! 

:)

Some for me, some for my sister and some for the both of us. 

Loads of happy reading in my near future. 

No comments: