Friday 28 January 2022

Monthly Favourites: January 2022.

 Hello Loves! 

The first month of the year is nearly over and it's time to list my absolute favourite things about January. 

January was a good month. 

Cold. 

Full of good books. 

Planners galore. 

Cooking. 

Baking. 

Cold nights. 

Being on the terrace soaking up the sun.

A month full of simple pleasures. 

A good start to the year. 

:) 

Here are some of my favourite things/moments from January 2022. 


1. Reading: My reading this month was very good and everything that I hoped it would be. I wanted to kickstart my year with only good books and set the tone for the rest of the year. And for most part I was successful in reading only good books. My reading wrap-up will go more into detail with everything I read this month, so come back on Monday to read about every single book I read. But I read literary fiction, translations, Indian books, re-read some stuff and even read some kidlit and picture books. 


I also found so much joy in reading on the terrace this month. Either soaking the sun or watching raindrops and clouds, all while being snug in my shawl. So good! 


2. Planner and Journals: January's highlight has got to be setting up and using my new planners and journals. It really makes my heart happy. I in fact started my year, literally on 1/1 I sat for hours setting up my planner and reading journal and it was honestly the best way for me to start a new year. And allll month long I have loved spending time with planners-personal and blog and writing in my journals. So much joy! I am also so happy with every planner I picked out this year. 


3. DIY Notebooks: On the very first day of the year I made myself two little jotbooks and I couldn't be happier about it. I am so happy with how cute these books turned out and I find them so useful. Plus making them was so much fun. I am currently using one of them to make notes as I read and keep some bookish thoughts and quotes in one place. The other (the brown one) I am going to use soon. 
I love it! 
I can't wait to make more of these soon! 
I did a full post on it, you can find it here. 


So cute! 
I am so happy I decided to make these! 


4. Blog Planner: My Blog Planner makes me so happy! It is everything I need in my Blog Planner and I also love how I decorated it with these monochrome stickers from Kimey's Korner. I find it so useful and it helps keep my posts and ideas for posts organised. 
I also did a post on my blog planner. Read it here. 


5. Bhooter Raja: Here is my favourite little bookmark from the month. A Bhooter Raja bookmark made by Joyeeta and he is adorbs! Look at his derpy little face! I cannot even! 


6. Daily Pages: This month I mostly managed to write a page or two in my Daily Pages journal. I don't force myself to write and some days if I didn't feel like it I didn't. I also kept my daily pages journal a small, manageable size, an A6 size that doesn't overwhelm me. I decorated the front page quite simply and kept the insides simple and fuss free. 





7. TV/OTT Favourites: This month, we started watching Abbot Elementary on Disney+ Hotstar and we really love how cute, quirky, heartwarming and tragicomic it is! Set in a public school in Philadelphia, the show focuses on the trials and tribulations of the teachers and is such a tragicomic ride! 

Another show that we've started watching and are enjoying is Inspector Koo on Netflix. Loosely inspired by Killing Eve, Inspector Koo focuses on a washed out ex-cop, who has figured out a pattern of serial killings and is on the hunt for the very smart killer helped along by an unlikely bunch of insurance inspectors.  




8. Film Favourite: Much against our initial impressions (from the trailer), we watched and quite enjoyed Eternals! It is quite different from several other Marvel movies and that is its strength, really! Eternals is streaming on Disney+ Hotstar. 





No comments: