Saturday 22 January 2022

Weekend Reads: What Me and My Sister are Reading this Weekend.

 Hello Loves! 

Another weekend and more books to read and live my best life. 

My sister and I hope to spend most of this weekend reading and being still and happy. 

I am reading two books at the moment. And my sister started a new book today. 

Let's see what I am reading this weekend. 


One Dozen Stories by Satyajit Ray, Translated by Gopa Majumdar: First up I am slowly making my way through these magnificent stories from Ray. All of these I've read before so this book is an absolute re-read but one I am always happy to embark on. A mix of Ray's best stories, some spooky, some sci-fi, some about everyday life and two from Feluda's adventures. A great way to sample his work and this collection works for kids and adults alike. 


Young Blood by Chandrima Das: Next I am also reading these horror short stories set on college campuses in India. I have read only a couple of stories so far and I am really enjoying myself. We've been having some rainy and grey days here and this is the perfect sort of book to curl up with while it's thundering outside. 

Fun! 

Now for what my sister is reading this weekend. 

She is also reading two books at the moment. One on her Kindle and one physical book. 



The Joy and Light Bus Company by Alexander McCall Smith: Her first read is one of pure comfort and joy. We love and highly recommend The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series. These books are just wonderful and happy and cozy and so wholesome. This is the latest book in the series and she is loving it as usual. It's always nice to visit with characters you've grown to love and care for being back in Botswana. If you want to sink into a cozy series and want something warm and light and fun, this series is perfect. 


The Tiger and The Ruby by Kief Hillsbery: The other book my sister is reading this weekend is this non-fiction, a kind of memoir/biography of an Englishman during the Raj and his adventures in India and Nepal. It is about this man, a cog in the Raj and his grand-nephew who travelled across the silk route in the 1970s trying to piece together his ancestor's history and life in the subcontinent. She is quite a bit in and is really enjoying both time periods covered in this book and is looking forward to finishing it over the weekend. 

~~~

I hope your weekend is going well and is full of all good things, books and otherwise. 


No comments: