Tuesday 20 January 2015

2015 Good Reads Reading Challenge.



I've set my Reading Goal for 2015 at 100 books. 

I've had the same goal for the last three years. I am very happy with this number. 

In 2012 I read 104 books.
In 2013 I read 177 books. 
In 2014 I read 295 books. 

So why set such a low goal? 

The thing is one doesn't quite know where the year will go and what one will end up doing. I think 100 is a good solid number, a number I will be very happy if I mange to read these many books. Of course, I am pretty sure-ish that I will surpass this number. But if I don't and just read 100 books that is fine too. 

This year I intend to do a bit of traveling. 

I've already started the year with coming homewards. And already my reading has slowed down. I've only finished four books so far. 4 books in 18 days. If I were in Bombay I would have easily have read over 10 books. And while I am here I know reading will be this slow. And I don't mind. 

The rest of the year too I hope to do a little more traveling and reading just might take a bit of a backseat. 

So 100 books is just fine.

I also plan on reading big, fat books and I want to most certainly read more classics and those take time and I want to take my time with them. 

Have you set a Reading Goal?

Find me on Good Reads, Here

No comments: