Friday 2 January 2015

Hello 2015: My Reading Resolutions for 2015.



Just a couple of things I want to do in my Reading Life. 

Here goes... 

1. Read more Classics: This includes both old-old classics and Modern classics and classics from all over the world. 

2. Read more Graphic Novels and Comic Books: 2014 was the year of graphic novels for. I read a ton of graphic novels and a ton of comics and I loved it and this is something I want to do in 2015 as well. 

3. Read a Penguin English Library book every two months: I buy these books like there is no tomorrow. I love these editions of the books and I've read very few of them. Not good! I need to amend this in the new year. 

4. Read more translated works: I did some of this last year and loved it and I want do more of this in 2015. 

5. Read fun books: I read very few chick-lit books in 2014 and I need to read more fun and light books in 2015. 

6. Read more Children's Lit: It's always fun to read kiddie books and there are so many I didn't read as a child, it will be good to catch up on those. 

7. Do More Buddy Reads: I love reading books with my sister, we usually read thriller/mystery books together and then discuss them and I love doing this! So I want to do more of this in 2015. 

8. Read more Short-Stories. 

9. Don't read books I am not enjoying: I've been doing this for a few years now and even if it bothers me abandon a book. 

10. Read new authors + from new countries. 

I hope I stick to my Resolutions! 

Tell me if you have any reading resolutions of your own. 

Happy Reading :) 

2 comments:

Alice Lippart said...

Hi! I just stumbled upon your blog and I love it! :D

I love the penguin english library books too, and when I think about it, I should probably read more of them as well...

One of my resolutions is to read new authors from new countries too, so if you have any suggestions from India, shoot them my way :)

vidhya said...

hi...
your blog is amazing...i read your reviews and i'm gonna buy these books...a matter of time,the husband's secret,miss peregrine's home for peculiar children and midnight rose..
if you don't mind i would like to get some more book recommendation in the Indian writing category...